• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

219qt5j.jpg

Don't you just love how Sgt Rock can dive through a barbed wire fence, dodging machine gun bullets all the way AND still punch the nazi b astard out.

Who needs Captain America. We gots the ultimate super soldier.

I never really noticed this cover before, but yeah, there's a lot going on. Rock's gotta be on his game to get that punch in. (worship)

Andy

Why didn't Rock just throw the grade on his vest? Awesome cover though, that punch looks like it hurt.

219qt5j.jpg

Don't you just love how Sgt Rock can dive through a barbed wire fence, dodging machine gun bullets all the way AND still punch the nazi b astard out.

Who needs Captain America. We gots the ultimate super soldier.

I never really noticed this cover before, but yeah, there's a lot going on. Rock's gotta be on his game to get that punch in. (worship)

Andy

Why didn't Rock just throw the grade on his vest? Awesome cover though, that punch looks like it hurt.

hey, Rock's just tryin to knock that caterpillar off the guys forehead!

Thanks Trooper, G.I.Combat is a fantastic title that is finally getting it's due. The artwork throughout the Haunted Tank era is excellent, going from Kubert to Heath to Glanzman.

The only drawback is that jeb Stuarts little M3 Stuart with it's .38 MM gun destroyed more German Tigers than The Reich ever produced :insane:

but then again that's half the fun :cloud9:

Did you get that at The Great Escape?

yes I did, at the Madison store. They are having a 30% off sale today and it is a madhouse! There were two more G.I.Cs on the back wall but in lesser condition so I only opted for this one.

BTW the store on Division(near Vandy) is having their 30% off sale next weekend (thumbs u

Edited by Karma23

yes I did, at the Madison store. They are having a 30% off sale today and it is a madhouse! There were two more G.I.Cs on the back wall but in lesser condition so I only opted for this one.

BTW the store on Division(near Vandy) is having their 30% off sale next weekend (thumbs u

Damn, that's today? I would go, but I have plans in an hour. They had a decent TOS 49 I was going to snag. It's on the back wall, did you see it?

Damn, that's today? I would go, but I have plans in an hour. They had a decent TOS 49 I was going to snag. It's on the back wall, did you see it?

Man, no I must have missed it. It was crowded I grabbed what I wanted and got the heck outta there. There was also a pretty nice JIM 107 that I wanted but couldn't reach and the employees were too busy to help so I split doh!

Man, no I must have missed it. It was crowded I grabbed what I wanted and got the heck outta there. There was also a pretty nice JIM 107 that I wanted but couldn't reach and the employees were too busy to help so I split doh!

I live across the street from the one on Division, so I will just hit that up next weekend I guess. Great stores.

and by the way, the 30% off sale will be going on through tomorrow, so you still have a chance to get out there and grab that ToS

Tomorrow will be a problem. NFL then group meetings and krap. It's ok though, I have been dropping a lot on eBay recently.

You going to the one next weekend?

and by the way, the 30% off sale will be going on through tomorrow, so you still have a chance to get out there and grab that ToS

Tomorrow will be a problem. NFL then group meetings and krap. It's ok though, I have been dropping a lot on eBay recently.

You going to the one next weekend?

Yeah, a buddy of mine and I will be there for sure. We just haven't decided whether to go Friday after work or Saturday. Judging from the crowds out in Madison we may try Friday night instead.

low hath this thread fallen, so allow me to bump it with a fun Kubert book that I found at the LCS today

GI.C113534x778.jpg

Exciting cover, thanks for posting, Karma!

Andy

Thanks Andy! I am very happy with this one, looks better in hand than in the scans.

They also had a 108 with that great washtone cover, but it looked like the cover was very loose at the staples and I hate that so I passed doh!