• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Great books Shep!! (thumbs u

Adam,

If liking that cover makes you a bit of "Geek", count me in. :gossip:

I love war books with lots of green color on the cover and I find

more OFF covers meet that requirement. Here's a cover I think

is pretty nice and the Japs are doomed. :o No offence intended to

anyone of Japanese decent.

Picture450.jpg

Here is some Russ Heath sweetness. :cloud9:

Picture456.jpg

I love war books with lots of green color on the cover

I know what you mean Fay. Something about the green that is very appealing. I found this one last year. It's so glossy it looks wet. The scan doesn't do it any justice at all.

AAMW52.jpg

I love war books with lots of green color on the cover

I know what you mean Fay. Something about the green that is very appealing. I found this one last year. It's so glossy it looks wet. The scan doesn't do it any justice at all.

AAMW52.jpg

:o Never seen that cover before and another one added to my

want list. Beautiful book!! :cloud9:

more OFF covers meet that requirement. ...

Here's one of my favorites with great greens, graytone and all. It's also a Lichtenstein source book.

(No, NOT my copy -- swiped from Heritage. Maybe one of you owns this one. Mine's not terrible, but it's stashed away in storage.)

Jack

52806-OFF71.jpg

Here's one of my favorites with great greens, graytone and all. It's also a Lichtenstein source book.

(No, NOT my copy -- swiped from Heritage. Maybe one of you owns this one. Mine's not terrible, but it's stashed away in storage.)

Jack

52806-OFF71.jpg

Anyone know how to get saliva out of a keyboard, or just let it air dry?

Great books as well, Fay and Troop! (thumbs u

Andy

Edited by thirdgreenham

Jack

52806-OFF71.jpg

That book is a bit of a sore point for me....

I remember bidding 5 or 6 times guide on it, certain I would get it - it was a lot of money, somewhere in the $500 to $600 range if memory serves. And of course, I got outbid in the final hours.

I remember there was also a 9.4 copy of G.I. Combat #96 in the same auction, and it went for absolutely ridiculous money. But it was a complete stunner.

The bright side was that nailed a CGC 8.5 copy of OFF #71 off ebay a couple months later for about $100. All in all, it's probably my favorite DC war greytone. Might even be my favorite cover of all time.

Jack

52806-OFF71.jpg

I remember bidding 5 or 6 times guide on it, certain I would get it - it was a lot of money, somewhere in the $500 to $600 range if memory serves. And of course, I got outbid in the final hours.

Sorry to dredge up a bad memory! I figured that people here had bid on the book.

Sold for over 6x guide? Wow!

I remember there was also a 9.4 copy of G.I. Combat #96 in the same auction, and it went for absolutely ridiculous money. But it was a complete stunner.

The bright side was that nailed a CGC 8.5 copy of OFF #71 off ebay a couple months later for about $100. All in all, it's probably my favorite DC war greytone. Might even be my favorite cover of all time.

It's probably my favorite OFF cover.

If anyone's interested, here are the source panel and Lichtenstein painting from OFF 71.

Jack

52850-OFF71.jpg

52851-Torpedo.jpg

Jack

52806-OFF71.jpg

Sorry to dredge up a bad memory! I figured that people here had bid on the book.

If anyone's interested, here are the source panel and Lichtenstein painting from OFF 71.

Jack

52850-OFF71.jpg

52851-Torpedo.jpg

Very Cool.

Jack

52806-OFF71.jpg

Jack

52850-OFF71.jpg

52851-Torpedo.jpg

Very Cool.

A huge thanks to Brent at Qualitycomix for putting this key into my collection. Been looking for a solid and affordable copy for a while. Despite the evident wear, the colour on the cover is just fantastic.

Tada!

oaaw81.jpg

Awesome pick-up Shep. It is a beauty. The colors are amazing.