• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,086 posts in this topic

low grade but i love it.

sicilly036.jpg

and canadian meh

Great book! But that " meh " graemlin because it's Canadian? (shrug) IMHO, that little sticker, from the Canadian Pacific Railway, adds a lot to this book. You've now got more of a story with the history of it. Without that sticker, it's still a decent book, but with it... :cloud9: It's also got a nice date stamp :gossip:

Congrats on this nice find! ^^

Andy

A couple of my favorite Greytones and the first one has

very special meaning to me and arrived a few days ago

on my birthday as a gift from one of our generous fellow board

members. :)

Picture521.jpg

Love this cover :cloud9:

Picture525.jpg

BTW Jeff, I love the new Sig line. (thumbs u

Edited by Fazybones

A couple of my favorite Greytones and the first one has

very special meaning to me and arrived a few days ago

on my birthday as a gift from one of our generous fellow board

members. :)

Picture521.jpg

Love this cover :cloud9:

Picture525.jpg

BTW Jeff, I love the new Sig line. (thumbs u

Great looking books Fay!!!

Shep

There are some books that I've really struggled to find with the right colors (i.e. not faded or tanned). This is one of them. It turns up from time to time, but never with the colors I want. I found this at a local show today and snapped it up.

53663-OFF29a.jpg.d73937081dc438258f0c9d7675c9d2c7.jpg

low grade but i love it.

sicilly036.jpg

and canadian meh

Great book! But that " meh " graemlin because it's Canadian? (shrug) IMHO, that little sticker, from the Canadian Pacific Railway, adds a lot to this book. You've now got more of a story with the history of it. Without that sticker, it's still a decent book, but with it... :cloud9: It's also got a nice date stamp :gossip:

Congrats on this nice find! ^^

Andy

thank you ,andy. the gremlin ,because it has this CPR sticker. you are right ,it adds a lot of story to the book. :cloud9:

There are some books that I've really struggled to find with the right colors (i.e. not faded or tanned). This is one of them. It turns up from time to time, but never with the colors I want. I found this at a local show today and snapped it up.

One of my favorite war covers of all time. Love the colors. Here's my copy

OFF29.jpg

One of my favorite war covers of all time. Love the colors. Here's my copy

OFF29.jpg

Your colours here are slightly different than buttock's (that sounds weird :insane:).

Not sure if that's from the scanner or the books.

Andy

Your colours here are slightly different than buttock's (that sounds weird :insane:).

Not sure if that's from the scanner or the books.

Andy

I'm telling ya, it took me forever to find one with the right colors. Although Jeffro's looks like it may be just the scanner.

Here's mine.... it's got a weird scrape on the cover (or possibly a pull from a book stacked on it) but the colour is pretty good.... it has an unusual palette for a DC war book of this period. I've always loved this book...

off29.jpg

Ok, this one is kinda pre-Silver, but its a great Don Heck cover and story. These Comic Media books dont get enough attention.

Bill

WAR_FURY_02.jpg

Cool! :applause:

I was re-reading this book and I realized that there is a possible Dum Dum Dugan prototype in this book. The story is about a GI who wears a derby - just like Fury's right hand man. Maybe Heck suggested the character to Lee and or Kirby when the Howlers were created?

As Artie Johnston used to say..."Veeeerry Interesting".

Yeah, my scanner tends to make the books I scan look at bit dull. I'll have to play with the settings.

I recently found that mine will tone down the colors if I use a dark background. I get "truer" colors on the brights if I use a white background. And definitely better scans if they're naked (not through the bag).