• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Here's another crackpot bidder who just can't live without this book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230229471623&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

These kind of prices are really tempting me to break out some of my own, you know what I mean?

Problem is, I try to grade accurately. A half-grade overgraded makes a HUGE difference in price sometimes.

Andy

Here's another crackpot bidder who just can't live without this book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230229471623&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

These kind of prices are really tempting me to break out some of my own, you know what I mean?

Problem is, I try to grade accurately. A half-grade overgraded makes a HUGE difference in price sometimes.

Andy

Yeah that guy has bid up tons of war books on the ebay. He won those two OOAW's #105 and maybe #107 in CGC 8.5 for over $500 each. Not sure if they were the same two but I saw the same issue numbers at heritage in the same grades sell two auctions ago for under $500 each. With the juice Ouch!

Does anyone know who this guy is and it seems he doesn't

mind reaching deep into his pockets. He was the guy that won

the two CGC 8.5's OAAW 105 and 107 from e-bay seller "Bronze"

and both went for over 550.00 each.

I'm pretty sure the two from Heritage were the last part of the

Keith Marlow collection and I didn't realize they ended below

500.00 each. I'm sure this guy couldn't care less.

Hello Kagemusha7s, :hi:

I love that new saying I learned tonight and most of my books

are HGFWB. (thumbs u I like it. :headbang:

Edited by Fazybones

I got to know Keith pretty good from exchanging e-mails

with him for about six months after some e-bay purchases

and we nearly met up at the Seattle Comic-con last year.

I doubt that is him and he is quite secretive and I could be

wrong because I rarely seen purchases if any from his

selling account. He did tell me once that he will rebuild his

war collection one day and will always collect comics. His

job takes him all over the country and the first thing he does

when he reaches a new town is scout out their comic shops.

Gotta love this one. Does anyone know what's going on with this guy's hair?

GI79.jpg

Edited by JohnT

So far I have looked at alot of old war comics covers from a friends collection. I was able to get one off him of my favourite cover (mow63) and I grabbed this other one too because I liked it.

mow63.jpg

oaaw17.jpg

Thanks guys. There was some dinosaur ones I was looking at which I think where our fighting forces or something like that. When I buy comics though I buy for the cover art so they really have to jump out at me or have something intriguing. Will admit though I like the frogman stories. Probably why I like the cover of AAMOW 63 so much. Other books I like are like monster scary story type books but again I buy for the covers. Anyways I bought three other ones too for there covers which I figured I put up to show.

oaaw124.jpg

gicombat132.jpg

gicombat155.jpg

So far I have looked at alot of old war comics covers from a friends collection. I was able to get one off him of my favourite cover (mow63) and I grabbed this other one too because I liked it.

mow63.jpg

That frogman better get that wire cut and toss that dynamite quickly, or it's frog soup for lunch! :o

oaaw124.jpg

This is definitely one of my favourite OAAW covers! :cloud9:

gicombat155.jpg

This book looks in decent shape, nice pickups!! (thumbs u

They do all look familiar though... hm

Andy

Great books Bluechip :applause:

All SA War books are very welcome here, although DC's Big Five get the most love, I for one love Sgt Fury, and your G.I. Joe #10 is a fantastic looking book!

Welcome to the War threads (thumbs u

The title says "War" so I'm hoping it's okay to post things that are not DC, but I'll throw in at least one DC just to be safe.

GIsinBattle11957.jpg

Great books, bluechip! I really like the conversation between these two. If that guy would talk less, he could just pick up that grenade and toss it back. :insane:

Andy