• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Just got a few books back from CGC. My scanner isn't working, but I will get some pics up when I get it fixed or get a replacement.

Two of the books are War books:

G.I. Combat 87 CGC 5.0

Our Army at War 112 CGC 7.0

:popcorn:

A box arrived today, including 4 (5 if you count Tomahawk) war books. This is probably the most attractive of the bunch -- especially for a little over $4!

I might post G I Combat 44 (1st DC issue, gray tone) if everyone here has a strong constitution.

This post contains disturbing graphic material, which may be offensive to some war comics fans. Viewer discretion is advised.

G. I. Combat 44, Jan-57, 1st DC issue, gray-tone cover, artwork by Kubert, Heath, full-page Kirby's Challengers of the Unknown ad. Condition leaves something to be desired, but it can't be an easy book to find. My mantra is "nice for the price".

55274-GIC44.jpg

Jack

Every book looks better signed :)

GI.Combat44CGCSS.jpg

A box arrived today, including 4 (5 if you count Tomahawk) war books. This is probably the most attractive of the bunch -- especially for a little over $4!

I might post G I Combat 44 (1st DC issue, gray tone) if everyone here has a strong constitution.

This post contains disturbing graphic material, which may be offensive to some war comics fans. Viewer discretion is advised.

G. I. Combat 44, Jan-57, 1st DC issue, gray-tone cover, artwork by Kubert, Heath, full-page Kirby's Challengers of the Unknown ad. Condition leaves something to be desired, but it can't be an easy book to find. My mantra is "nice for the price".

55274-GIC44.jpg

Jack

Every book looks better signed :)

GI.Combat44CGCSS.jpg

I love the placement of his signature. Sweet book (thumbs u

I think it will be a bit before I can scan them, but this is a scan of the G.I. Combat 87 CGC 5.0 before it was slabbed:

img157.jpg

I remember seeing that book, eBay was it? I didn't have it pegged for a 5.0, though. Good job! I really like that 8 over 9 pence stamp, but not so much the writing above it.

Andy

Just picked these up from my LCS today, hope to pick up more at the New York Comic Con next month.

OurArmyatWar156.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar159.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar163.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar165.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar178.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar179.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar185.jpg[/img]

Edited by Dmac538

Just picked these up from my LCS today, hope to pick up more at the New York Comic Con next month.

OurArmyatWar156.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar159.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar163.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar165.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar178.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar179.jpg[/img]

OurArmyatWar185.jpg[/img]

Excellent Dmac538! (thumbs u

Andy

Just got a few books back from CGC. My scanner isn't working, but I will get some pics up when I get it fixed or get a replacement.

G.I. Combat 87 CGC 5.0

Nice grades on some pretty decent books. :cloud9:

Didn't you win a CGC 6.5 OAAW 112 last year on e-bay and is one

now for sale?

G.I. Combat 87 CGC 5.0

Nice grades on some pretty decent books. :cloud9:

Didn't you win a CGC 6.5 OAAW 112 last year on e-bay and is one

now for sale?

I did win a CGC 6.5 a while back. I'm not looking to sell right now, but you're the third person to ask. I will let you guys know if I decide to sell.

D-Mac... those are fabulous pickups. Especially finding them in a shop!!! I haven't found a really nice war comic in a shop in probably two years!

Tatter, those are great slabs.... of all of them, I really like the two OFFs. The more I see of those Grandenetti Gunner n Sarge covers, the more I like them.

Nice all around,

Shep

Hey all,

Just got this pretty sweet copy in.... Great gloss, though the edges on the interior pages are showing a little tan.

Still... great book with a Heath frogman story and some sweet Kubert art to boot!

aamow56.jpg

Got it off ebay... a few weeks back.

The more I look at it, however, the more I suspect that I already have a copy (though probably not as nice as this one). I don't have it on my list that's on my computer, but it's not 100% accurate any more. I'll have to see when I put it into the collection this weekend.

Got it off ebay... a few weeks back.

The more I look at it, however, the more I suspect that I already have a copy (though probably not as nice as this one). I don't have it on my list that's on my computer, but it's not 100% accurate any more. I'll have to see when I put it into the collection this weekend.

Dibs on your undercopy? :wishluck: