• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,086 posts in this topic

(Please read this while listening to a mellow, walking jazz bass-line, preferably in a smoky club while wearing a beret and stroking your - or someone else's - goatee.)

Yo, daddy-yo, those war books are, like, the most.

Especially that little Coney Island of The Mind, 'OFF #10'.

It's, like, blowing my scene. Crazy!

Dig it.

Shep

(I've been reading the Viking Portable Library's Beat Reader all weekend, and I am, like, into my inner beatnik.)

Cutting loose the "good stuff" will coincide, no doubt, with you cutting loose a couple OFF Salidas, Aman!

But here're a few items I scanned recently if you insist.

aamow88.jpg

aamow95.jpg

off10.jpg

off38.jpg

Ugh! Now that wasn't called for. You made me fall out of my chair! :makepoint:

(Please read this while listening to a mellow, walking jazz bass-line, preferably in a smoky club while wearing a beret and stroking your - or someone else's - goatee.)

Yo, daddy-yo, those war books are, like, the most.

Especially that little Coney Island of The Mind, 'OFF #10'.

It's, like, blowing my scene. Crazy!

Dig it.

Shep

(I've been reading the Viking Portable Library's Beat Reader all weekend, and I am, like, into my inner beatnik.)

And the OFF 10 has one of the few Wally Wood appearances in the Big 5!

Awesome Incredible books Mick!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

I would pay money to see your collection and a few others around here.

Me Likey War Comics :luhv: and Me Love Russ Heath. :cloud9:

Picture661-1.jpg

<3

I really like Captain Storm and it's sure hard to find in HG with only

three of my copies even coming close and I'm getting closer to completing the

set with Mid grades. :(

Picture573-1-1.jpg

Picture570.jpg

Edited by Fazybones

Hello all, this is Keith Marlow. I saw an earlier comment that there was some discussion about the GIC #87 that was recently purchased. My buyer ID on e-bay is in fact ariel6618 and seller ID is comicsarefun1503 so I wanted everyone to know that. As noted, I have been buying DC war books and many others using this ID for several years. I did want to let everyone know again that I sold my comic collection through Heritage mainly to replenish my savings as much of it was lost because I worked for Enron and that I have two kids in college. When I purchased the OAAW #105 and #107 I thought that I would start rebuilding it then, but decided to turn those over to Heritage at the last minute and really in hindsight I should tried to hang on to more of the DC war keys. Like many of you, I have lost my share of auctions on e-bay. When I bid on the GIC #87, the price had already been run up to $2,000 and every now and then you have to take a chance on certain books. It appears that the book will grade around 8.0, so maybe I will get lucky.

My passion for collecting DC war is as strong as most of you, I just have not had time to particpate on the boards, but I will in the future. There was another comment that I am secretive which seems to have been out of left field. Anyway I will post some scans soon of recent additions and if anyone is going to the NYC Comic Con, I will be there as well and would enjoy meeting you.

Hello all, this is Keith Marlow. I saw an earlier comment that there was some discussion about the GIC #87 that was recently purchased. My buyer ID on e-bay is in fact ariel6618 and seller ID is comicsarefun1503 so I wanted everyone to know that. As noted, I have been buying DC war books and many others using this ID for several years. I did want to let everyone know again that I sold my comic collection through Heritage mainly to replenish my savings as much of it was lost because I worked for Enron and that I have two kids in college. When I purchased the OAAW #105 and #107 I thought that I would start rebuilding it then, but decided to turn those over to Heritage at the last minute and really in hindsight I should tried to hang on to more of the DC war keys. Like many of you, I have lost my share of auctions on e-bay. When I bid on the GIC #87, the price had already been run up to $2,000 and every now and then you have to take a chance on certain books. It appears that the book will grade around 8.0, so maybe I will get lucky.

My passion for collecting DC war is as strong as most of you, I just have not had time to particpate on the boards, but I will in the future. There was another comment that I am secretive which seems to have been out of left field. Anyway I will post some scans soon of recent additions and if anyone is going to the NYC Comic Con, I will be there as well and would enjoy meeting you.

Great, great, great to have you here, Keith! :applause:

I'd love to see all of your new additions as they come in. I always wondered who this ariel6618 was, as I've been the underbidder to her (you) on many an auction. So you did buy that latest GIC 87? That was a risk going after an expensive raw copy, but I do wish you all the best with it. I hope it turns out to be 8.5 so you'll still have the highest graded. (thumbs u

We'll talk soon! :foryou:

Andy

It still kills me that he didn't slab the GIC 87 before selling it. I would have made a serious bid for it, but I just couldn't justify bidding that kind of money on a raw copy from a seller that I didn't know. Like Andy said, I hope it grades 8.5 (thumbs u

Hey Keith,

So YOU are the mystierious ariel!!! Finally, we know... your name certainly came up a lot on the 'bay over the years.

Sorry to hear about the Enron thing.... Hope things are looking back up these days.

Congrats on the GIC #87... I do hope it comes back full-on sweetass 8.0 or better.

I'll be honest, there's a part of me that would like to sell off the bulk of my silver age collection, and just focus on a handful of war books in super-choice condition... but I'm too much of a fraidy cat.

Love to hear more of your comments and thoughts on war collecting. Do you have a favorite book? And are there particular issues you found elusive over the years?

Welcome back,

Shep