• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

All of them! I've been collecting for a very long time and this stuff sits in boxes and I don't have the appreciation for it that I once did. I would rather sell it to someone who would cherish it as I once did.

I do have some things that I will never sell but I am going to try and reduce the volume.

Best, Tom

Wow! Tom,how many PMs did you get after that lil bombshell? Good Luck!

Bill

This might not be the exact right place to post this, but I don't think it's the wrong place either. I love this piece. I'm like Sir Mix-A-Lot...I'm hooked and I can't stop starin' (geez that was bad).

Yeah-ha! Whatta splash! Made my day seeing that, Buttock! Nuclear Heath!

This might not be the exact right place to post this, but I don't think it's the wrong place either. I love this piece. I'm like Sir Mix-A-Lot...I'm hooked and I can't stop starin' (geez that was bad).

Yeah-ha! Whatta splash! Made my day seeing that, Buttock! Nuclear Heath!

Agreed! Beautiful piece of work!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Andy

*sigh* With prices like these being realized I'll never get a copy of that book unless it's coverless and missing the centerfold. :(

And then, I'll still have to pay $200 for it. :( :(

Great splash, buttock!

There's a looseness to the style Heath uses in depicting the hawks that is very impressive. He gives a real sense of the speed and power of the birds.

*sigh* With prices like these being realized I'll never get a copy of that book unless it's coverless and missing the centerfold. :(

I'll get you something, Jeff...hold on, bud

Andy

C'mon now Andy. Short box? Personally I did not think that that was as crazy a price on the 87 as the 2K copy the other month.

Well, it all depends on what they come back. I saw this $800+ went to a board member, so I do hope it gets a good grade.

Andy

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for you...

I'm amazed at the prices that G.I. Combats are getting.... now I will say, those were some nice books on offer.

I'm breaking my ebay moratorium to take a stab at the GIC #93 and #98, which are two books I need to upgrade.

So much for staying on the wagon!

Shep

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for you...

I'm amazed at the prices that G.I. Combats are getting.... now I will say, those were some nice books on offer.

I'm breaking my ebay moratorium to take a stab at the GIC #93 and #98, which are two books I need to upgrade.

So much for staying on the wagon!

Shep

It was a good effort. (thumbs u

:foryou:

Hey Guys, Just checking in! I was very fornuate landing 2 GI Combat 87's in the same day. The one on e-bay and the one on the boards last night at 2am.

Jeffro, If things work out for me on that e-bay copy I think I can help you out!

The copy I got last night is in the sales thread under Grey-tone War comics.

I'm hoping for a 6.0 on the e-bay book! I would love a 6.5!!

When I have a little more time I can go through my reasoning behind the bid if anyone cares?

Hey Larry,

I'd love to hear your reasoning behind the big bid. Although it seemed high to me, obviously it was worth it to you, and you're the only one that really matters here when talking about the purchase of that book. As stated before, I really do hope that it grades out high for you.

Andy (thumbs u

Here goes Andy,

First off I feel this is the second most important book of all the DC Big Five books! (My opinion) It still sells for a fraction of the cost of OAAW #83. OAAW 83 clink CGC 5.0 $880 no juice 2/08, OAAW 83 CGC 6.5 Heritage $1553 11/07 and CGC 6.5 Heritage $1912 8/07. So I still feels the GI Combat #87 has some room to grow and I feel the market is bearing this out.

I bid according to the recent activity on this book. If I wanted to own this book that I feel is still going to go up I had to. I wish I could go back a year or two and purchase it at those levels but those days are long gone on this book I felt.

The recent activity on the book is GI Combat #87 CGC 8.0 Heritage $2868 on 8/07 and GIC #87 8.0+ Raw e-bay $2025 3/08. I figured then a 7.0 - 7.5 copy would go for about $1250 to $1750 and a 6.0 - 6.5 copy would go for $700 - $1000. I had also purchased a VG copy of this book earlier in the day for $300 which I feel falls in line with my thinking.

In trying to look at this objectively I may have overpaid by $50 - $75 dollars but time should take care of that. Please don't get me wrong I don't think this book will ever command the $ that OAAW #83 will but I feel it is finially taking its place among the elite Big Five Books $ wise and deservently so. These are just my opinions and all this is due to change by the next auction but.... time will tell.

Thanks Guys,

Larry

Edited by Hedge

Ok Andy, I admit I really wanted the book! :baiting:

(worship)

Larry, to tell you the truth, I felt bad afterwards for asking for your reasons. Although your reasons were all valid, it was really none of my business. You wanted the book, you bought it, I really shouldn't question that. I'm sorry. :sorry:

In my opinion, it is my favourite book, and I'd agree with you being the 2nd most important DC war book out there. That can be argued, of course, but I share your opinion. The book has done nothing but go up for the last 3-4 years, and just in the last year and a half, it's starting to hit "crazy" prices. Perhaps, these prices really aren't as crazy as I'm thinking, not if everyone's willing to pay for them. The copy you bought earlier today looks a bit less than a VG, but I would've paid $300 for it as well, so I think that was a good pickup. This book is incredibly difficult to find in mid grade, so your snatching this other copy up may prove to be brilliant. As you say, only time will tell. From my experiences of buying raw and getting graded, I have been generally disappointed when sending this book. My Fine's turn into VG's and my VG's turn into G/VG's. I wish you nothing but the best if you decide to grade it, and congratulations to you for finding a nice copy. :applause:

Andy

Hey Andy, I personally have no problem with you asking. So no worries! Please don't get me wrong, I did have some reservations in purchasing this raw and one of them is a point you brought up.

(From my experiences of buying raw and getting graded, I have been generally disappointed when sending this book. My Fine's turn into VG's and my VG's turn into G/VG's.)

Lets say I send it in and get a CGC 5.0 to 5.5 grade according to me the book would then be worth about $400-$600. I feel this would be a very solid copy of the book in that range so lets say $550. That means I took a gamble of $840 - $550 of about $290. Yes this is a lot of money to gamble but on this book I felt it is justified. The real fear I have with the book is if it comes back with Restoration!

Again, No worries Andy! Larry