• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

That Enemy Ace story is eye candy all the way. Some of Kubert's finest work. Ultra-classic!

Yes it is, it's a shame there weren't more Enemy Ace stories...or any stories featuring WW I air combat for that matter. :cloud9:

that is aslo one of my favorite Rock covers of all time...a nice little haul for me If I do say so myself :whistle: ..thanks again Andy! (thumbs u

One of the ones that people often forget is SSWS #200 which features a new (if short 5 pages) EA story by Kubert. It's like a last hurrah from Kubert on that character.

Also, I like AAMOW 114 with the Kubert Steve Savage Balloon Buster cover and LONG interior story. That IS great WWI aerial combat by Kubert and it's contemporaneous with his early Enemy Ace stuff. Love the Heath stuff from that era, too, but that Kubert is almost like a Kubert Enemy Ace story told from the American POV.

.... but time is so precious and I'm seeing just how little of it I really have right now.

Andy

Welcome to kids!!!

Shep, you hit the nail right on the head!!! :baiting:

Edited by Hedge

.... but time is so precious and I'm seeing just how little of it I really have right now.

Andy

Welcome to kids!!!

Larry,

I've got a 10 year old boy, and 8, 6, and 4 year old girls. The past decade of my life has literally been a flash... don't know where my thirties went.

What's great is, now that we don't have any more infants, they are all now in that stage where they don't need 100% of the attention 100% of the time. So, I'm getting a little more time for my hobbies (check out my OTHER passion - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8118310/tm.htm )

And, happily, my wife and I have gotten each other back too... it's like we just came up for air.

Still, the expenses are massive... between Taekwando, Ballet, Skating, Music Lessons and Gymnastics, the pennies are getting pinched fo 'sho. It's killing my comic buying these days.

Shep

Andy

Welcome to kids!!!

Larry,

I've got a 10 year old boy, and 8, 6, and 4 year old girls. The past decade of my life has literally been a flash... don't know where my thirties went.

What's great is, now that we don't have any more infants, they are all now in that stage where they don't need 100% of the attention 100% of the time. So, I'm getting a little more time for my hobbies (check out my OTHER passion - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8118310/tm.htm )

And, happily, my wife and I have gotten each other back too... it's like we just came up for air.

Still, the expenses are massive... between Taekwando, Ballet, Skating, Music Lessons and Gymnastics, the pennies are getting pinched fo 'sho. It's killing my comic buying these days.

Shep

Well, Shep, if you gave up the Tae Kwon Do, Ballet, Skating, Music Lessons and Gymnastics you'd have a bit more cash (and time) for your comics. :makepoint: Jeez, sometimes the answers are just too easy.

I tried to run that idea by my wife, Andy, and she... well let's just say it wasn't pretty.

Sheesh... when I was a kid, I was in scouts and that was it! I learned to draw, skate, play hockey and play piano by myself. And then I paid my own way through College!! I hardly cost my folks a penny!

Kids these days....

When I was a kid we had to make phone calls from a phone attached to the wall, get up to change the TV channels and go to the library to do research - but you could buy two comics for quarter - so I guess it was a fair trade.

:hi:

can anybody please tell me the issue # of a SGT ROCK

with a blonde haired fellow in a pink bonnet on, over the helmet ,if I remember,

covering a grenade ? there was a word baloon as well...

a lost, special comic to me..mid 80's I think..

porc

Edited by porcupine48