• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

A couple new purchases that hopefully will be mine very soon. These are both upgrades. I'll buy war books from this era in these grades all day long.

From Dale Roberts

280669692_o.jpg

From kagemusha7s

img833-1.jpg

A couple new purchases that hopefully will be mine very soon. These are both upgrades. I'll buy war books from this era in these grades all day long.

From Dale Roberts

280669692_o.jpg

From kagemusha7s

img833-1.jpg

Those are sweet!!!

Any of you war comics collectors planning on attending the San Diego Comicon?

A number of war comics folks are getting together for a banquet on Thursday evening. We're holding it informally at Fillipi's right after the show starting at 7:45 and going for a couple hours. I don't need to collect $$ from anybody, but it'd be helpful to know who's appearing for that so I can make reservations for the restaurant accordingly. It was a nice group of folks who appeared last year and there was a lot of discussion about everybody's favorite DC genre.

For anybody who HASN'T been there, it's the best pizza and Italian in SD AND it's very affordable (about 20 bucks per person INCLUDING alcohol. . .cheaper still if you're tea-totalling). I drive 20 minutes each way every couple weeks for my Fillipi's fix.

The Houston contingent is planning on attending.

Geeks, Pizza and War books :cloud9:

OAAW 179. One of the best Kanigher stories EVER. Kanigher used Jackie as a vehicle to explore the notion that racism wasn't just a product of the nationalism of the Nazi variety. Story had balls. Way before GL 76, too.

War books RULE!!!

My mom used to make creamed corned beed (the stuff in a tin) and serve it on toast, which my dad lovingly referred to as s h i t on a shingle.

Shep

Edited by bigfiver69