• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,086 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm supposed to be camping, but my youngest daughter got sick and we had to leave early. Which is awesome, because I loathe camping....

But I had to chime in. You're all so right... what an awesome thread this is. It's like my daily bread. There's great commentary, hilarity, wonderful people... and just total kickass, badass war books. Honestly, when I die and go to Heaven, here's what the conversation will be like:

St. Peter: Shep. Nice to see you. There's a laptop right over there to log onto the Silver age war thread.

Shep: Thanks... you mean the laptop that Jennifer Conolly is holding in her lap?

St. Peter: Yes, Shep. This is heaven, after all.

In my mind, that's what it's going to be like. I'll be on the boards all the time, and when I'm not I'll be getting a backrub from Rita Hayworth, while I read a bunch of Salida's. Then after that, I'll go bowling with Joe Kubert and Russ Heath. Heaven should be pretty sweet.

Shep

Hey all,

I'm supposed to be camping, but my youngest daughter got sick and we had to leave early. Which is awesome, because I loathe camping....

But I had to chime in. You're all so right... what an awesome thread this is. It's like my daily bread. There's great commentary, hilarity, wonderful people... and just total kickass, badass war books. Honestly, when I die and go to Heaven, here's what the conversation will be like:

St. Peter: Shep. Nice to see you. There's a laptop right over there to log onto the Silver age war thread.

Shep: Thanks... you mean the laptop that Jennifer Conolly is holding in her lap?

In my mind, that's what it's going to be like. I'll be on the boards all the time, and when I'm not I'll be getting a backrub from Rita Hayworth, while I read a bunch of Salida's. Then after that, I'll go bowling with Joe Kubert and Russ Heath. Heaven should be pretty sweet.

Shep

lol (thumbs u

....Jennifer Conolly... :insane:

Hey all,

Shep

lol (thumbs u

....Jennifer Conolly... :insane:

JC is nothing but class. I bought a copy of the old Hulk movie so I could hear her say my name.

bb

It's a sad time right now. Some of you may be aware of the thread created in Comics General, but others may not, so that's why I'm posting this here. Our beloved Nik has had a stroke and is in hospital. I'm not sure of his condition right now. There is also a donation thread if anyone would like to donate some money to his family.

Get well soon, Nik. :wishluck:

Andy :(

Man, nice string of books!! OFF #35 still one of the best covers!

Larry

I agree (thumbs u

Great books man! Love those Newsboys.

Nice to see a little action on the thread. I have a pretty solid copy of Our Fighting Forces #10 coming - a book I've been looking to find for some time. I'll post 'er when she comes in.

Wish I was at the SDCC again this year... one day.

Shep

Two SDCC additions...

aamow34.jpg

Where's the "clutching your chest, falling over dead" graemlin when you need it? Yikes! :cloud9:

The book was even prettier in person -- an absolute stunner.

Mick, wish I was there with you and Steve and the rest of the crew.

However, Toronto remains pretty good pickings... on my way back from lunch, snagged these three books from my local LCS for the grand total of $20. Solid FNs, all... maybe better. Love when this happens.

off70.jpg

oaaw161.jpg

oaaw152.jpg