• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Rock is so tough he can hold a molten machine gun barrel in his bare hand as he is diving through barbed wire to punch out Nazis.

What a badass!

Hiya Richard! Great seeing you as well. That war comics banquet was a kick.

Shep, Steve Lake and I were reminiscing about the days that Shep flew out. We hope you can make it again.

Later,

Mick

I tried to get Steve to come out for Chicago, but the cons are just too close together. I hope I can make SD next year, had a really good time at both war dinners I have gone to.

I know! The perspective is totally bananas... look how thick that barbed wire is! lol

If it wasn't for Rock's presence, the perspective wouldn't be great, but it wouldn't be terrible either. I just tried to imagine that the palooka's face is in close proximity (very close) to the barbed wire. It's like Ray Palmer and Sgt. Rock had a wicked love-child.

Got a couple of new war books in today.

I absolutely love this cover. Spooky and harrowing. And cool as hell...

aamow9.jpg

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Found this at the Chicago show today. I love it when dealers don't know or care about how to price DC war.

Leave some treasures for some of us tomorrow :sumo:

Great pick-up as usual. An upgrade?

Found this at the Chicago show today. I love it when dealers don't know or care about how to price DC war.

I had one with a staple pop, but sold it awhile back. This is my first keeper.

Bought a TON of stuff over the past few days, probably close to 100 books, but this is the only keeper out of the bunch. Not sure how to feel about that. hm

See you tomorrow probably, though I won't be there for long and will probably miss the weekend. It's funny, I literally did 100% of my buying before the public even set foot in the show.

See you tomorrow probably, though I won't be there for long and will probably miss the weekend. It's funny, I literally did 100% of my buying before the public even set foot in the show.

Hopefully I can catch you early. Would have loved to shop before the "public" but couldn't get away from work until tomorrow. Oh well. I'm sure you left all the low grade FCs in their box.

Any other War pick-ups? :popcorn:

$35!

off71-1.jpg

Fantastic pick up Andy

The look in their eyes.................. super nice too :cloud9:

Chicago is a great buying show. Have a good time.

I had one with a staple pop, but sold it awhile back. This is my first keeper.

Bought a TON of stuff over the past few days, probably close to 100 books, but this is the only keeper out of the bunch. Not sure how to feel about that. hm

I think the inconsistency must be really bothering you. Send me the OFF 71 and you'll probably feel much, much better. :whistle:

So that's why some of us never find anything. It's all gone before we even get in? Why is this practice even allowed?

NOTE - I'm not getting on October's case about this. He's not to blame for it. The system is.

$35!

off71-1.jpg

That's pretty sweet Andy! What's the grade is in hand? Pretty nice copy for sure.

I picked up a nice solid FN as an undercopy off ebay recently for less than 10 bucks. Good deals all over on DC war these days.

Shep

So that's why some of us never find anything. It's all gone before we even get in? Why is this practice even allowed?

NOTE - I'm not getting on October's case about this. He's not to blame for it. The system is.

The last couple of cons in Toronto, I found that most of the best war stuff had been fleeced before the doors opened. Dealers admitted as much.

It's part of the reason I rarely bother with the cons up here anymore. Truthfully, I've been having much better luck online with dealers I know, and ebay. There have been some tremendous ebay deals this year. I have a stack of stuff coming in soon that I'll be posting.

Shep