• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Didja ever notice how in virtually EVERY other thread, at some point, somebody gets POed at somebody or other and there're all kinds of accusations thrown and somebody's integrity is questioned and somebody goes out of their way to needle somebody in an almost sociopathic way and on and on and on?

and in the WAR COMICS thread (no less), there hasn't been a shred of uncivil discourse. . .EVER.

War comics collectors are de shît.

I should just stay here and ignore most of the rest of the board. I find myself getting worked up over nothing sometimes.

Didja ever notice how in virtually EVERY other thread, at some point, somebody gets POed at somebody or other and there're all kinds of accusations thrown and somebody's integrity is questioned and somebody goes out of their way to needle somebody in an almost sociopathic way and on and on and on?

and in the WAR COMICS thread (no less), there hasn't been a shred of uncivil discourse. . .EVER.

I should just stay here and ignore most of the rest of the board. I find myself getting worked up over nothing sometimes.

I think I may follow your lead. Went to the Water Cooler more often than I had done in the past and I saw people defending terrorists and child molesters.

I think I may follow your lead. Went to the Water Cooler more often than I had done in the past and I saw people defending terrorists and child molesters.

:eek:

But I guess that all depends on your definition of a terrorist. Ah, NVM, save it for the water cooler. (thumbs u

Hey, I hope it is not out of bounds or outside board rules, but just wanted to let you war comic collectors know I have posted a raw All American Men of War #128 (#2, 1952) for sale in the marketplace. Put it up last night and dropped price once already.

Thanks for your time.

I never mind hearing about books for sale。  Your post may have broken a rule, but I certainly don、t care。  Do it in Comics General and you、ll have 40 people on your hass。  

Andy  2c

I was going back through this thread re-reading some of the posts and I was wondering does anyone think the last Clink auction was a fluke when it came to the prices realized on some on the books? Fluke being the right group of bidders competing at the same time. Or are these going to be new "standards" for the pricing of these books.

My collection of DC war is relatively small and my budget is very limited. My problem is I am pretty picky about the book's condition. That being said I am looking at the practicality of trying to collect HG DC war books. Sgt fury which I also collect is relatively easy to find in grades I like. Just trying to find the focus which I will get the most satisfaction.

I know HG DC war are extremely difficult to find, But seeing what a few lots sold for on eBay raw lately and the Clink auction results. My eyes may be bigger than my wallet. I know lower grades are obtainable, but I cannot see myself satisfied, as the flaws tend to take my eye away from the art/ cover which is what its about for me. I don't want to get to deep in something even though I like the books, when I will become fustrated that books I want are outside my price range. I am starting to think I got very lucky with the books I was able to buy at this point at the price I paid.

Patience is always a virtue. The right books at the right prices (for each person) always come along. I'll admit that I let the moment get the better of me with that particular auction, but I certainly don't expect to have to pay top dollar on every DC war book I buy from here on out. And you shouldn't have to either. When the right book at the right price comes along, snag it. But don't let the C-Link prices scare you off of collecting what is still one of the most satisfying (for the dollar) group of comics.

Ebay Auction 1

Ebay Auction 2

Ebay auction 3

These auctions stunned me a bit as well. I had no idea these books were going for so much.

The seller is from my home town, which isn't particularly large. hm

He may have more books, but he hasn't replied to my last email. The ones I got from him already I was extremely satisfied. I asked if he had any more and he gave me a heads up that more were being listed. These ones went for VERY HIGH prices, but could be very worth it. They were certainly worth the chance.

You can see that raw DC war and graded DC war often fetch much different prices. If price is a big factor, which it is for nearly every collector, you may want to try to find the nice HG books raw. Easier said than done, mind you, but there's nothing stopping you from looking. (thumbs u

I don't know why you'd want to collect these DC war books though, especially when Sgt. Fury is around in the grades you want. :baiting:

All kidding aside, they are a lot of fun to collect. The prices have been going up up up recently, that is the definite trend. Will that continue? Only time will tell.

Andy

He may have more books, but he hasn't replied to my last email. The ones I got from him already I was extremely satisfied. I asked if he had any more and he gave me a heads up that more were being listed. These ones went for VERY HIGH prices, but could be very worth it. They were certainly worth the chance.

How about scanning some Andy. I'd love to see if they're as nice as they seemed to be in the auction pics.

I was going back through this thread re-reading some of the posts and I was wondering does anyone think the last Clink auction was a fluke when it came to the prices realized on some on the books? Fluke being the right group of bidders competing at the same time. Or are these going to be new "standards" for the pricing of these books.

My collection of DC war is relatively small and my budget is very limited. My problem is I am pretty picky about the book's condition. That being said I am looking at the practicality of trying to collect HG DC war books. Sgt fury which I also collect is relatively easy to find in grades I like. Just trying to find the focus which I will get the most satisfaction.

I know HG DC war are extremely difficult to find, But seeing what a few lots sold for on eBay raw lately and the Clink auction results. My eyes may be bigger than my wallet. I know lower grades are obtainable, but I cannot see myself satisfied, as the flaws tend to take my eye away from the art/ cover which is what its about for me. I don't want to get to deep in something even though I like the books, when I will become fustrated that books I want are outside my price range. I am starting to think I got very lucky with the books I was able to buy at this point at the price I paid.

Brian, :hi:

I hope I didn't create a frustrated collecting monster selling you that

beautiful GIC 118 a few months ago. :sorry:

Great books you picked up recently. (thumbs u