• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,101 posts in this topic

I've actually thought about doing something like that before. Chances are very unlikely now. lol

Interesting that this gent, someone like ourselves, who collect and (I will use a mild term here) appreciate material objects could give it all up and to become a poor monk in a foreign land. I, for one, would find giving up material items that I cherish a very difficult thing to do.

Not saying this was necessarily a smart move on his part, but defiantly a gutsy one...

I've actually thought about doing something like that before. Chances are very unlikely now. lol

Interesting that this gent, someone like ourselves, who collect and (I will use a mild term here) appreciate material objects could give it all up and to become a poor monk in a foreign land. I, for one, would find giving up material items that I cherish a very difficult thing to do.

Not saying this was necessarily a smart move on his part, but defiantly a gutsy one...

To be honest, there are two stong sides to me. One is extremely spiritual and knows the correct path. Knows that I came to this world with empty hands and I will leave the same way. Knows that the "real" aspects of our life are not the day to day events that we do or read about or watch on tv. The other side of me is just about the same as most everyone else out there. I put a lot of focus on material items, watch sports, and basically get lost in a world of things that don't really matter. It seems hard to pull away from this way of life, but I'll bet you it really isn't that hard. Now that I am married with a boy and another on the way, the likely-hood of me leaving my family and becoming a monk are slim to none (and slim just left the building).

I have been doing some soul searching and I may be cooling off on the OCD collecting style that has taken over me. Something's on my mind these days and we'll see where it takes me. (thumbs u

Andy

I really shouldn't post these and I still have to pay my favorite

e-bay seller, but I couldn't stand the thought of the WAR thread

possibly slipping off page one.

SSWS77.jpg

OAAW113CGC70.jpg

SSWS68.jpg

AAMOW84.jpg

Since most of my friends are on this thread and CG scares me

these days I wanted to tell someone of the terrible experience I've

been through this past week with my poor cat. I spent close to a

thousand dollars total in two parts and the first waste of money

didn't make her better and I paid quite a bit of cash less than a

week later to have my baby put to sleep yesterday. :(

Edited by Fazybones

a week later to have my baby put to sleep yesterday. :(

I'm very sorry to hear it Fay.

Not at all the same thing, but I had to give a cat up for adoption a couple years ago and I'm still surprised how difficult it was to do.

Thanks for the kind words guys and I really appreciate your thoughts

during this extremely rough time. She was only four years old and

had lukemia and a few other problems. :(

I've been reading comics to escape reality in an attempt to stop

thinking about her.

:foryou:

I once had a cat go blind but that didn't slow him down at all. He still preferred to be outside and do all those things that he liked to do when he could see. Before the blindness he even chased a husky right out of the yard. Funniest thing you've ever seen.

He was an awesome cat. I miss him.