• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

aamow94tshirt.jpg

gic78tshirt.jpg

gic80tshirt.jpg

gic87tshirt.jpg

gic88tshirt.jpg

oaaw112tshirt.jpg

oaaw275tshirt.jpg

off29tshirt.jpg

off71tshirt.jpg

ssws81tshirt.jpg

Special thanks to hesdeadjim (Rudi) for doing these up for me. (worship)

I had 6 of each of these shirts made, 3 XL, 3 L. I will be keeping 1 of each, so 5 of each available, actually. These are for prizes for winning my weekly contests, and I'll try to have some for the top 3 finishers overall as well.

Rudi even made up this one of a kind tee and (I imagine) through it in as a bonus.

giclogotshirt.jpg

I think these all look great! :luhv: How about you??

Andy

:o:cloud9: Those are awesome Andy! What a great idea :applause:

Cool shirts, but they look a little wrinked!

Tell me, would you consider them restored if you took them to the dry cleaners and got them PRESSED?

HAW HAW HAW....

sorry.

:grin: Thanks guys!

Feel free to join in the game if you like, and hopefully win a couple of them. :wishluck:

I'm just posting here as a reminder for all my war buddies, Shep included, that if you'd like to play in Week 9, you'd better get your guesses in before Saturday at 11:00 PM EST. :baiting:

Here's the link , just scroll down and you'll see the list of books in this week's auctions, as well as my predictions, as well as an actual link to those books for sale at Heritage.

Thanks all!

Andy

Found a couple of books today, thanks to Dale Roberts .

This was one the first Rock books that i remember reading...read it to pieces actually.

OAAW180.jpg

And although this isn't SA, I'm sure you guys will appreciate it. This was a long sought after book for me. :cloud9:

TFT-35.jpg

Thanks! I don't think I'll read it to pieces though lol

The first story, with the Severin art is just fanatsic. I've been completely blown away by how good the stories and artwork are in all the EC war books.

Edited by Karma23

They are each little gems. Other than the very last few issues of Two-Fisted Tales, which are hit or miss, the EC War books are about as good as it gets for cover-to-cover war story greatness. The DC war stuff is obviously the big focus around here, and rightfully so as there is so much to collect and comment on. But for a single book, nothing tops the ECs. And the Civil War issue is a classic.

I have all those EC war stories in the Cochrane EC Library slipcased editions. Love 'em. It's been about 15 years since I read 'em, so it's probably time to break 'em out. There are some great Toth, Severin, Davis, Woody, Krigstein, Crandall, Evans, and especially Kurtzman stories that just about knocked me over the first time I read 'em. They're all WAY ahead of their time and they remain timeless forever and a day.

Edited by Comick1

When I was nine or ten, I found the single Two Fisted Tales issue that was reprinted in the early 70s and I became totally EC obsessed. The stories were amzing - 'Betsy' drawn by Jack Davis, 'Guynemer' drawn by George Evans, 'En Crapudine' drawn by John Severin plus a Knight's story drawn by Wally Wood.

In 1987 I bought the Two Fisted and Frontline Combat slipcase sets from Russ Cochrane. They're just amazing.

I have recently picked up a half-dozen nice Two Fisteds and Frontlines in midgrade condition. Incredibly, they are cheaper now that they were in the late '80s. I remember seeing low grade issues from guys like Ed Kalb for $40 to $60 a piece!

Pound for pound, EC made the best war books ever.

Shep

If you're playing in my promo thread, tonight's the last night to get your picks in. Here's what's being offered for Week 10:

All-American Men of War #6 CGC FN/VF 7.0

All-American Men of War #96 CGC NM- 9.2 Highest graded!

All-American Men of War #97 CGC VF+ 8.5

All-American Men of War #98 CGC VF/NM 9.0

All-American Men of War #99 CGC VF+ 8.5

G.I. Combat #86 CGC FN+ 6.5

G.I. Combat #90 CGC VF 8.0

G.I. Combat #92 CGC FN/VF 7.0

G.I. Combat #94 CGC VF- 7.5

Our Army at War #59 CGC FN/VF 7.0

Our Army at War #61 CGC FN 6.0

Our Army at War #63 CGC FN 6.0

Our Army at War #65 CGC VF- 7.5

Our Army at War #71 CGC VF- 7.5 Highest graded!

Our Fighting Forces #79 CGC VF+ 8.5 Highest graded!

Our Fighting Forces #83 CGC VF/NM 9.0

Our Fighting Forces #132 CGC VF/NM 9.0

Our Fighting Forces #135 CGC NM+ 9.6 Tied for highest graded!

Star Spangled War Stories #53 CGC FN/VF 7.0 Sgt. Rock prototype

Star Spangled War Stories #57 CGC VF+ 8.5 Highest graded!

Star Spangled War Stories #63 CGC VF+ 8.5 Highest graded!

Star Spangled War Stories #66 CGC FN+ 6.5

Did anyone hear of DC's latest Showcase reprint coming out in December? It is Showcase Presents Our Army at War Volume One. This reprints issues 1 to 20 in black and white, ships to stores 12/15/10 and retails for $19.99.

There are copies for pre-sale on both Ebay and talesofwonder if you want to see the cover art.

Did anyone hear of DC's latest Showcase reprint coming out in December? It is Showcase Presents Our Army at War Volume One. This reprints issues 1 to 20 in black and white, ships to stores 12/15/10 and retails for $19.99.

There are copies for pre-sale on both Ebay and talesofwonder if you want to see the cover art.

Yup, can't wait! (thumbs u

Andy