• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

I don't think Jerry Robinson drew an Atlas cover that was less than nice. I recently read the bio on him (excellent read) and it served up example after example of his artistry through the decades.

http://www.amazon.com/Jerry-Robinson-Ambassador-Christopher-Couch/dp/0810977648/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1304792870&sr=1-1

Nice Jerry Robinson cover...

MensAdverntures19.jpg

Always been one of my least favorite war covers. As a result, I keep putting off getting a copy.

Is it the fantasy concept or the art?

I'm not thrilled with the way the face is drawn on the German soldier but I still think it's an excellent cover and those DC colors like the purple background are (thumbs u

Always been one of my least favorite war covers. As a result, I keep putting off getting a copy.

Is it the fantasy concept or the art?

The fantasy concept doesn't bother me. It sounds like fun. It's the artwork definitely. I've never been a Ross Andru fan.

ok fellow war collector's.as per fazybone's request,i will attempt to learn to scan and share. so please bear with me as i attempt to scan the latest in my big 5 quest ?action=view&current=comics002.jpg

comics002.jpg

fixed that for ya!

Just click on edit from my previous post and use that format. Photobucket will generate that link when you select the image and hit the generate code option at the bottom of the screen. you can then copy & paste the IMG text into a post.

Its jsut a matter of getting the hang of it!

Nice book, by the way.

BIll

Great looking books Bill! Keep those beauties coming!

I still contend that the best place to be buying DC war these days is eBay. Unbeatable value out there if you like raw midgrade.

I recently picked up a handful of very early All American Men of War that I will post tonight or tomorrow - they weren't free, but if they had been slabs on Heritage, they could easily have cost me double.

Btw took me a while to get the picture posting happening too - but once you start you cant stop!!

Shep

You're posting lots of really nice books! :applause:

SCAN0056.jpg