• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

I'm going this year, my first, so if anyone wants my cell # just pm me

I'll see you there, Vaughn, and I'll bring your book. (thumbs u

Saving on shipping charges are ya :baiting:

I guess I can still ship it. hm

Na, I'll see ya at the con. Save ya some money in shipping fees

I forgot to mention that the war comics banquet was a lot of fun, as was meeting with many like-minded collectors. Hanging with Mick And his family was certainly the highlight. :applause:

Thanks, Andy. It was a pleasure hanging with the Greenham fam as well.

I'm gonna try to bring a bit of the auction glory back to the banquet for 2012. I have a few ideas about what to do and I'll keep all you guys posted if I can pull it together.

Mick's been doing a bang-up job on the DC War Dinner since 1995. (worship)

A few pics:

SDCon2011WarDinner1.jpg

SDCon2011WarDinner2.jpg

SDCon2011WarDinner3.jpg

The awesome t-shirts were provided free courtesy of thirdgreenham (Andy) (thumbs u

SDCon2011WarDinner4.jpg

Mick's been doing a bang-up job on the DC War Dinner since 1995. (worship)

A few pics:

This first pic starts lower left: Dude in the cap is Keith M., Pedigreeman in dark green t-shirt, Steve Lake in Hawaiian shirt, Steve Fears in grey and yellow stripes, me (Mick) concentrating on my garlic and anchovy pizza, Paratrooper with a beer in hand (go figure!), Mycomicshop talking to Paratrooper, Doc Watson in grey t-shirt, and Mr. Bedrock can ID the young guy with the soda in hand.

SDCon2011WarDinner1.jpg

That's Andy in orange, Bruce "Salida discoverer" Ellsworth in sunglasses, Buddy Saunders in grey longsleeves and Conan can probably help with the two fellers on the end. I very briefly welcomed them to the dinner before we got things in motion. Mark McGarrity's sleeve is on the left side and his wife (help me with her name, Mark!) with the long black hair, Janet's and Peter's (thecollectron) heads in foreground,

SDCon2011WarDinner2.jpg

SDCon2011WarDinner3.jpg

The awesome t-shirts were provided free courtesy of thirdgreenham (Andy) (thumbs u

From left: Andy again, me, Dale Roberts. Across from Dale is Mr. Bedrock in the green short-sleeve plaid, Mark M. again, and Bruce with the cash and wallet in front of him.

SDCon2011WarDinner4.jpg