• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Got totally sidetracked today and haven't finished the scanning and uploading... apologies, but building an Algonquin longhouse with my daughter for Social Studies class has to come first!

Thanks for your patience, everyone. Looking more like Tuesday night. I'll give a heads up in this thread well ahead of time.

Shep

Hey everyone,

Got totally sidetracked today and haven't finished the scanning and uploading... apologies, but building an Algonquin longhouse with my daughter for Social Studies class has to come first!

Thanks for your patience, everyone. Looking more like Tuesday night. I'll give a heads up in this thread well ahead of time.

Shep

Will be there with bells on. :blush:

Any ideas on what will be the sleeper war book in the Heritage auction?

I'm thinking the OAAW 82 should do well. It's an extremely undervalued book.

I hope all of the books do really well, to be honest, but that's kind of hanging on the right buyers being in the market at the right time, with a bunch of cash to spend.

Good luck, Keith Marlow! :wishluck:

I will be trying to win some books back. :shy:

Keith, are you here reading this? Wish you would pop in from time to time. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how things are going so far with your auctions. The big ones are coming up verrrrrrrry soon. :whee:

To Andy and all my friends on the boards, for those of you who love war comics and especially DC war, I am excited about the upcoming Heritage auction next week and in the weeks to follow. I hope each of you are successful in getting the books you want. As I scroll through the books, I am amazed that I was able to put together this collection in under four years. In trying to be as objective as possible, I think it is a fair argument based on what I know about the availability of DC war comics that you may not see a collection this comprehensive and at these grades for many years to come; so I would recommend that you buy. Obviously, I will benefit, but I think you will too in the long run as I still think as a group these books are still way undervalued. In reviewing the CGC census, as you all know, most of these books are still very scarce especially at high grades.

I am still collecting comics and even have a few DC war that have come my way. I will post those scans later this year. I am off to the Austin Comic Con to continue the hunt.

Regards,

Keith Marlow

lol

great to hear from you Keith! Nothing but best wishes for you and your auction results. :wishluck:

also glad that you're not leaving our fine hobby. You are definitely an asset to the whole comic market and to the niche market of war books in particular. (worship)

I'm really blessed to have met so many greats from our little community. :luhv:

Andy

lol

great to hear from you Keith! Nothing but best wishes for you and your auction results. :wishluck:

also glad that you're not leaving our fine hobby. You are definitely an asset to the whole comic market and to the niche market of war books in particular. (worship)

Andy

As are you Andy. As are you.

lol

Andy

As are you Andy. As are you.

Aw, thanks Dave....but it's Keith's turn now. :wink:

Heritage's auction of Keith's books is on right now live.

I picked this beauty up:

gic55cgc94.jpg

Wish I were more in the market. There are some absolutely amazing books going for relatively un-amazing prices. Books you may never see again in these kinds of grades.

Andy

OAAW#83 cgc 8.0 for $17K ?!?! at Heritage

I know the DC war is kind of a niche market, but this was a hefty price.

This is the second best one out there, but for the long-term is this really blue chip and reasonable ?!

Understandably, a first Rock doesn't come up for auction every week (less than 50 cgc'd)... but to think X-Men#1 at 8.0 can be grabbed up for "only" $12K these days and may be more of a staple in the long-term collectors market (?)

Just a thought. Sorry, I was just stunned by this one.

pretty strong price. didnt realize it was second best. that must explain it. the better copy probably wouldnt go for much more if it ever shows up.

The best copy graded so far is a 9.0. I offered the owner $30K for it and he turned it down.

The person who won the 8.0 is ecstatic.

pretty strong price. didnt realize it was second best. that must explain it. the better copy probably wouldnt go for much more if it ever shows up.

The best copy graded so far is a 9.0. I offered the owner $30K for it and he turned it down.

:applause: :applause:

Heritage's auction of Keith's books is on right now live.

I picked this beauty up:

gic55cgc94.jpg

Wish I were more in the market. There are some absolutely amazing books going for relatively un-amazing prices. Books you may never see again in these kinds of grades.

Andy

Oh, my stars and garters! :o(worship)

SHUT UP!

wow really.

SHUT UP!

wow really.

Absolutely true. (thumbs u