• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,085 posts in this topic

Don't know about that ... considering what happened at Heritage with the 8.0 .... everyone is going to be looking for lower grades to fill the collection.

I think any cgc 6.0 + might be a minimum $10K asking price. It's become the new GL#76 for 2011/2012!!

Except the GL went down, while the OAAW 83 is more rare and stable.

Don't know about that ... considering what happened at Heritage with the 8.0 .... everyone is going to be looking for lower grades to fill the collection.

I think any cgc 6.0 + might be a minimum $10K asking price. It's become the new GL#76 for 2011/2012!!

Except the GL went down, while the OAAW 83 is more rare and stable.

I'll have to disagree and perhaps be proven wrong.

This, I think, is an anomoly. Figuring a 5.0 at $1000, mayyyybe $1500 is a bit of a stretch. $2300 for that 4.5 just blows my mind. Maybe it's pressable and the buyer thinks it'll get a grade bump or two. (shrug)

the 8.0 going for $17000 sets the new benchmark for The really high end books, but not really mid-low grade, I wouldn't think.

A 6.0 should not be a $5000 book, it isn't. Well, it wouldn't be at auction, anyway. Put one up on clink and see what dumdum wants to pay $5000, then you never know.

Interesting with this latest sale, though, to be sure.

This, I think, is an anomoly. Figuring a 5.0 at $1000, mayyyybe $1500 is a bit of a stretch. $2300 for that 4.5 just blows my mind. Maybe it's pressable and the buyer thinks it'll get a grade bump or two. (shrug)

I'm with you Andy. Unless future sales of similarly graded copies sell for similar money, how can we not consider this to be an anomaly?

I'll tell you one thing, if I could get 2K+ for my 4.0 old label copy, I'd be mighty tempted to sell it.

May see a couple more 8.0 coming out of the woodwork if those holding the 7.5s and 7.0 are willing to go to PRESS (and then sell). This might be the theory as to why the prices are the why they are.

Seems like this is the way the industry is going in general, buy a grade, cross your fingers, PRESS and sell at a higher grade.

Again, DC War has a bit more stability because there just aren't that many issues to begin with for speculators to buy.

May see a couple more 8.0 coming out of the woodwork if those holding the 7.5s and 7.0 are willing to go to PRESS (and then sell).

I've seen a majority of the 6.5 or better copies on the census. Of those, other than maybe the 9.0 copy, there really are not any copies which are candidates for an upgrade. I think it will take new additions to change the hierarchy.

Hey all,

I'm thinning the herd a bit, and will be putting a nice sale together for Tuesday night - about 30 books from a very nice era of Our Army at War. Something for everyone, so look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks all!

Shep

My son and I found a very nice DC S-Hero and War collection. My son has a thread started on it.

I just wanted to say in this thread that I am totally amazed at the 50s DC War cover and art in these books.

Man, I thought Ditko drawing Spidey was the invention of white bread but after seeing OAAW 100, I am blown away. (thumbs u

Brannon

Hey all,

I'm thinning the herd a bit, and will be putting a nice sale together for Tuesday night - about 30 books from a very nice era of Our Army at War. Something for everyone, so look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks all!

Shep

Wicked! :headbang:

My son and I found a very nice DC S-Hero and War collection. My son has a thread started on it.

I just wanted to say in this thread that I am totally amazed at the 50s DC War cover and art in these books.

Man, I thought Ditko drawing Spidey was the invention of white bread but after seeing OAAW 100, I am blown away. (thumbs u

Brannon

Flip through OAAW 99 if you got one. :cloud9:

Hey all,

Thanks all!

Shep

Hey all,

Got a bunch of scanning and grading done last night, so I'm going to be starting the sale today, and then posting until tomorrow. Probably going to start this afternoon.

Thanks in advance for looking.

Shep

Brannon

+1

Definitely one of THE best Sgt. Rock stories ever. #100 ain't no slouch. That era of Kubert Rock is beyond belief.

Guys, I have to invite you to the Massive DC thread in progress on the Boards. There are the G.I. Combat books my son and I unearthed. It is the highest graded G.I. Combat collection probably ever found (no kidding). Issues 79 thru 98 (approx). Some could be 9.6s. Enjoy!

117816.jpg.f4594e3e9b7ed03f3f8833650fc37663.jpg

117817.jpg.dc74de2751d9484e8f31bba03b310d09.jpg

Guys, I have to invite you to the Massive DC thread in progress on the Boards. There are the G.I. Combat books my son and I unearthed. It is the highest graded G.I. Combat collection probably ever found (no kidding). Issues 79 thru 98 (approx). Some could be 9.6s. Enjoy!

:o

Do you have a link to the thread? (thumbs u

Brannon

Smells even better... lol

117834.jpg.7a06d26f33b6c51a82b0e34b1380f156.jpg

Is an OMG appropriate here? (worship)