• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Russ Heath is a great artist and a nice guy. I purchased the recreation from Steve Wyatt, who is Russ's contact for commissions. I saw the recreation at 2010 SDCC and bought it right away. Other than the Haunted tank covers, this is my favorite Russ Heath Cover.

SgtRockShowcase45.jpg

P7250385.jpg

Russ Heath is a great artist and a nice guy. I purchased the recreation from Steve Wyatt, who is Russ's contact for commissions. I saw the recreation at 2010 SDCC and bought it right away. Other than the Haunted tank covers, this is my favorite Russ Heath Cover.

SgtRockShowcase45.jpg

P7250385.jpg

I love it as well. (worship)

Hi Andy,

I was just re-reading the War report in the 2010 OPG, and noticed you were given a nice mention (pg. 141) on the annual poll for the best War comic cover. (thumbs u I had a thought for something slightly different next year. How about a poll for the best single page out of a DC war book. Just a thought.

D.W.

Hi Andy,

I was just re-reading the War report in the 2010 OPG, and noticed you were given a nice mention (pg. 141) on the annual poll for the best War comic cover. (thumbs u I had a thought for something slightly different next year. How about a poll for the best single page out of a DC war book. Just a thought.

D.W.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. :foryou:

Yeah, it sure was cool to be mentioned in the OSPG. It was a true honour. (worship)

I love doing the polls/contests, but they're time consuming, and lately I haven't had a lot of extra time.

There are a few things that I'm thinking of doing, one of which would be a "best non-greytone DC war" contest. This one makes sense, as it does always turn into the greytones taking over the contest, hands down. It'd be cool to see what prevails without them.

Perhaps I'll gear that one up for a February launch. hm

The interior page contest would be neat. I wouldn't consider it to be rude if you wanted to run that one. (thumbs u

Happy New Year! :banana:

Andy

Hi Andy,

D.W.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. :foryou:

Yeah, it sure was cool to be mentioned in the OSPG. It was a true honour. (worship)

I love doing the polls/contests, but they're time consuming, and lately I haven't had a lot of extra time.

There are a few things that I'm thinking of doing, one of which would be a "best non-greytone DC war" contest. This one makes sense, as it does always turn into the greytones taking over the contest, hands down. It'd be cool to see what prevails without them.

Perhaps I'll gear that one up for a February launch. hm

The interior page contest would be neat. I wouldn't consider it to be rude if you wanted to run that one. (thumbs u

Happy New Year! :banana:

Andy

Thanks Andy,

I will see if I can pull off the interior page contest before winter is over. :cool:

I can't remember if I ever posted this. . .we're slipping on to the 2nd page, folks! The stars are going to be misaligned.

bc1.jpg

That is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen frazetta do a war piece before. I'm sure theyre out there but I've never seen one before.

In the "post your 1962 covers" thread, I was talking about Kubert's amazing ability to evoke emotion just in his facial drawings alone and referenced these two covers.

oaaw100.jpg

gic78.jpg

There's never a bad reason to post those two.