• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Sorry, but I'm always suspicious when there's a huge jumps in prices in short periods of time. I mean just last year I bought tons of Pedigree HG DC war from Metro for fractions of what CLinks books sold for.

Metropolis is a wholesaler :kidaround:

Post some!

I gotta say I was stunned with the prices. It was really amazing placing bids with a few seconds to go which I thought were high only to have them be totally destroyed at the last second. I really wanted that OFF Frogman cover, bid $400 on it, then sat stunned when it went for $530. Obviously I need to man up because there were at least two others that wanted it more!

Crazy prices!

Andy, thanks for the round up an recap. Seems like more serious collectors are looking at the genre, and jumping in on the bidding.

Again, I am REALLY glad I picked up my CGC 8.5 OFF #71 a few year back for $100.... $1400+ for a 9.0? That's a classic example of impatience... as Andy (October) has proven to us, nice copies are out there if you get your fingers dirty at cons by picking the stacks.

Some really nice books, though. Outta my price league.

And I was surprised that the Oakland OAAW #184 didn't go higher - that is a very, very tough book to find in grade. As for the #242, I know everyone says it's some kind of crazy, impossible book to find, but there are much, much harder BA war books... nice 8.5/9.0 raw copies are out there, and they can be had around $100.

My 2 cents.

Shep

Again, I am REALLY glad I picked up my CGC 8.5 OFF #71 a few year back for $100.... $1400+ for a 9.0? That's a classic example of impatience... as Andy (October) has proven to us, nice copies are out there if you get your fingers dirty at cons by picking the stacks.

I'm certain that part of the attractiveness of that copy was that it was a double cover. Even in a market that is not "red hot" there would be considerable interest in that copy.

I'm certain that part of the attractiveness of that copy was that it was a double cover. Even in a market that is not "red hot" there would be considerable interest in that copy.

That's an excellent point - I only just noticed that it's a double cover.

It's far and away my favorite war cover... a double cover would be totally sweet!

Shep

Yikes, never noticed that it was a double cover. Not worth it to me, but I'd imagine that it pulled in some heavy-hitting non-war collectors for that (happy happy, joy joy).

Edited by Comick1

Thanks (thumbs u

BTW, be sure to read Sgt. Fury #18 (if you have it) before you read #19. Or at least wait until you get it.

Those are two powerful issues when read back-to-back.