• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

GIC 87 just went for 837.00 on Heritage. I had a strong above GPA bid. That seems a little high in this economy. Still no war books for me.

What grade was it?

CGC 6.0

hm I wonder if that was the one Doc Joe just posted here

Edited by Jeffro

OK, folks. Check out this thread about the Toronto con. Lookit Andy G's booth for cryin' out loud!!! A veritable war smorgasbourg! Whenza last time you saw a booth devoted 90% to DC war?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=176986&Number=3606092#Post3606092

More like 92%. :grin:

Kinda worked against me at this show though. I would like to try Chicago or San Diego with a booth of only DC war.

Sales were flat on war?

Well, you deserve a prize for the coolest war comics booth ever set up.

Not sure about Chicago, but I know that you need to be independently wealthy to set up in SD for the booth alone. Most dealers need to sell a lot of stuff in order to just clear the cost of the booth. Unfortunately, a lotta the mom&pop dealers have thrown in the towel for good on SD.

Sometimes things evolve in less than optimal directions when the genie's let outta the bottle.

Yeah, I know booths at Chicago aren't cheap, somewhere around $800 for a 10' booth. That's actually not that bad for a 4 day show. I figure San Diego would be a little bit higher, but not much higher. If anyone has set up there before and knows the rates, please chime in. (thumbs u

Andy

Yeah, I know booths at Chicago aren't cheap, somewhere around $800 for a 10' booth. That's actually not that bad for a 4 day show. I figure San Diego would be a little bit higher, but not much higher. If anyone has set up there before and knows the rates, please chime in. (thumbs u

Andy

Booths for SDCC run about $2000 per. A little more for a corner.

Andy

Booths for SDCC run about $2000 per. A little more for a corner.

Yikes! :eek: Thanks! (thumbs u

Just saw this on ebay. As I recall a pretty awesome issue.

DC war Comic Book Marketplace Mag

Some exceedingly scholarly writing within, as I recall. :whistle:

A pox upon those authors for letting the DC war comics cat outta the bag.

I'm not too blame. :taptaptap:

Here's a picture of the recreation used for the cover (no, it's not mine).

HeathRecreationGIC.jpg