• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

DC War Collectors

I wanted to let you all know that Heritage will list in its upcoming auction next week an OAAW #85 and #88 from my collection. These were graded by CGC as 7.5, but during encapsulation the books were rejected because of overhang. As you all know, these two issues are very difficult to find in a decent grade.

I have several hundred more DC war books being graded at CGC and with a little luck many will be the highest graded.

Good luck!

Keith Marlow

I have taken a break from buying to save for the holidays, but I could not pass this up. I just have to make sure I get it home from the po box without the little lady seeing it. I'm very pleased to get this book in this grade. I hadn't even seen the book until about 2 hours before it ended.

lf.jpg

\

Really nice... ebay or Heritage? Or was it on the clink?

Shep

Doh, I am always the bridesmaid never the bride! I missed on all my bids Kagemusha.

Did anyone besides golddust win any of those war books on the ebay two days ago? I think the sellers name was Zilla something or other. Anyways, he had some nice looking war books as well as other DC raw that went for some pretty high dollar amounts considering how they were advertised. I got a few but regret not going crazy on those books.

I wouldn't feel toooooo bad about missing a lot of the zilla books.... personally, I thought a lot of the prices were high. It's always a bit of a feeding frenzy when a series of nice books appears. Everyone piles on, and when you start losing out on the first few as the auctions begin to close, consolation bidding starts driving everything up.

I put in some healthy bids, and lost. But my consolation is that I didn't overpay on anything!

Shep

I have taken a break from buying to save for the holidays, but I could not pass this up. I just have to make sure I get it home from the po box without the little lady seeing it. I'm very pleased to get this book in this grade. I hadn't even seen the book until about 2 hours before it ended.

lf.jpg

hm P.O. Box, I never thought of that, Brilliant!!

Now my next big challenge would be to get the

Paypal password from him when I go over budget. :frustrated:

BTW, very very sweeeeet book. Love those colors!! :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing that Beauty with us.

Hello guys,

I have been reading these boards for a while and somehow missed this thread. I was one of the guys who went crazy on Zilla's auction. I do feel a little selfish (and poorer), but a small part of me regrets the others that I bid on that I didn't win.

AAMOW 99, 102

GIC 101, 108, 145, 155

OAAW 116, 123, 125, 132, 133, 135, 143, 150, 151, 156, 164, 202, 229, 241, 245, 248, 249, 275

OFF 117

SSWS 146, 163

I have bought several comics from Zilla and have always been happy. I have found him to be an extremely fair grader with exceptional service and packaging, so he gets a big bump from me (and others I think) for Ebay safety. I have a couple of sensational war books at CGC that I bought from him earlier this year and I will post them when I get them. (Tease)

I had to really pay for the privilege but I am most looking forward to reading this beauty.

OurArmyatWar135.jpg

Edited by canickus

Hello guys,

I have been reading these boards for a while and somehow missed this thread. I was one of the guys who went crazy on Zilla's auction. I do feel a little selfish (and poorer), but a small part of me regrets the others that I bid on that I didn't win.

AAMOW 99, 102

GIC 101, 108, 145, 155

OAAW 116, 123, 125, 132, 133, 135, 143, 150, 151, 156, 164, 202, 229, 241, 245, 248, 249, 275

OFF 117

SSWS 146, 163

I have bought several comics from Zilla and have always been happy. I have found him to be an extremely fair grader with exceptional service and packaging, so he gets a big bump from me (and others I think) for Ebay safety. I have a couple of sensational war books at CGC that I bought from him earlier this year and I will post them when I get them. (Tease)

I had to really pay for the privilege but I am most looking forward to reading this beauty.

OurArmyatWar135.jpg

Nice book, Canickus! Looking forward to many more posts from you!!! (thumbs u

Andy

Sigh. . .a 60-number GI Combat. . .

Hey Mick....

I know, I know, I know... what is it with the G.I. Combats in the 60s? I have decent copied of nearly all the issues in the 50s and 70s, but not a single 60 (I sold my mid-grade 68 last year, and still haven't replaced it)

Distribution issues, collector hoarding, or plain old 'never got saved'?

Shep

(I sold my mid-grade 68 last year, and still haven't replaced it)

Ouch! They'll pry my copy from my cold dead hands. And then I'll reanimate as a zombie and eat their brains and take the comic back.