• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink rebooting OA section

12 posts in this topic

I find it interesting that ComicLink is re-tooling its OA section just after all those high-profile pieces (including the phantom ASM 12 splash) hit it.

Perhaps Josh is finally seeing that the the high dollar potential of OA sales, and the growing market for OA, warrants a more prominent allocation of site resources and attention.

I for one applaud this. I've bought and sold many books through CL and had excellent results. A lot of collectors who may not be familiar with CAF traffick that site. Here's hoping it leads to some interesting sales and another outlet for collectors who want to sell art without going through a major dealer or who aren't getting action off their CAF page.

thumbsup2.gif

I think it's great that Josh is getting into the art. I'd love to see it become a big part of Comic link's business....

I just had a very nice email exchange with Josh, after he contacted me to let me know about his site OA update/upgrade. He is definitely interested in broadening his inventory, and really expanding legitimately into OA with high-quality pieces. He (rightly so) feels that he would be one of the only dealers doing both comic books and OA. Tons of potential here, and I wish him well.

Best,

I think it's great that Josh is getting into the art. I'd love to see it become a big part of Comic link's business....

I just had a very nice email exchange with Josh, after he contacted me to let me know about his site OA update/upgrade. He is definitely interested in broadening his inventory, and really expanding legitimately into OA with high-quality pieces. He (rightly so) feels that he would be one of the only dealers doing both comic books and OA. Tons of potential here, and I wish him well.

Best,

I too am glad that Josh is getting into OA. I imagine that there will be some comic collector's surfing his site and might 'cross-over'. Josh's selling OA more aggressively, is imho, a metaphor for the how these two hobbies are becoming more and more entwined. Hope Bechera unloads more quality material through comic-link,..as we all will benefit.

PS - Wasnt Bechera going to set-up his own site???? Why is he going through Josh?

I find it interesting that ComicLink is re-tooling its OA section just after all those high-profile pieces (including the phantom ASM 12 splash) hit it.

Perhaps Josh is finally seeing that the the high dollar potential of OA sales, and the growing market for OA, warrants a more prominent allocation of site resources and attention.

I for one applaud this. I've bought and sold many books through CL and had excellent results. A lot of collectors who may not be familiar with CAF traffick that site. Here's hoping it leads to some interesting sales and another outlet for collectors who want to sell art without going through a major dealer or who aren't getting action off their CAF page.

thumbsup2.gif

Krazy, is that you? poke2.gif

I'm glad there is now another avenue to buy/sell OA. However, when I see a price tag like this, I gotta scratch my head:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?...C&id=644074

It sold for $5100 last October on Ebay to Comiclink. I seem to recall that even that was considered a high bid. Obviously, a seller can ask whatever they want, but if Comiclink really wants to cultivate and grow a healthy customer base, it would be in their long-term interest to keep things realistic.

As a buyer, it is frustrating because the market for Miller DD has now been artificially increased.

I dunno...I'd think the only way it would affect the market is if it actually sold at that ridiculous price. Most Miller DD collectors are well aware of their worth.

The whole point is to help the hobby grow though. If the guys that usually buy HG comic books stumble across this on Clink they may think that OA entry prices are too high, and not jump into the hobby at all. makepoint.gif