• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JLA 32

18 posts in this topic

Looks 9.2 possible 9.4.Very nice copy.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I agree.

And though I usually never do this, I am going to mention it now. I'd say there is a possible trim job here. I see it as being possible on the top edge. It is unusually sharp. Plus, everyone look at the edge from the spine corner following it along just until you hit the spot above the comic code authority stamp. If you start at about the "P" in "APPROVED" on the stamp, and follow that to the edge, it seems like the cut is at a different angle from the cut before. This cut appears to be decending at a different angle. It could be nothing, but just noting my observation and the possibility. thumbsup2.gif rube11, you might want to run that by the dealer you got it from just to be sure. popcorn.gif

I agree.

And though I usually never do this, I am going to mention it now. I'd say there is a possible trim job here. I see it as being possible on the top edge. It is unusually sharp. Plus, everyone look at the edge from the spine corner following it along just until you hit the spot above the comic code authority stamp. If you start at about the "P" in "APPROVED" on the stamp, and follow that to the edge, it seems like the cut is at a different angle from the cut before. This cut appears to be decending at a different angle. It could be nothing, but just noting my observation and the possibility. thumbsup2.gif rube11, you might want to run that by the dealer you got it from just to be sure. popcorn.gif

Double Agree. sumo.gif

Hmmm, that would [embarrassing lack of self control] me off and I would have to say alot of bad things.....AND then go back and kick his !@# grin.gif

He is a dealer from North Jersey and has been around for a long time.

Rube

I agree.

Double Agree. sumo.gif

Triple Agree sumo.gifsumo.gif

Sorry, Steve. . . sorry.gif

9.4 w/ caveat of not having seen back cover

i would tend to agree, but being a DC, i'm guessing this would grade out as a lovely 9.2.................. thumbsup2.gif

and i'm not sure how anyone can feel this might be trimmed from just this scan.. 893whatthe.gif

Just picked it up at the show today.

Steve

jla32.jpg

That is a very nicelooking copy and I'd say 9.2. I'm hoping for you that it's a raw book with cuts from the factory. flowerred.gif

I'd definately go to the seller and ask the question regarding trimming though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The right side appears to go in and out against the black in your scan. Particularly to the right of the Star Bolt Warrior. And then also between his head and the comics code, it appears to go in and out again. I hope it's just edge curl over or production related. Do the interior pages align with the bumps that are evident looking down the right edge. If so, then more likely from production.

I would have said this even before king poisoned the mine field of graders with the first post.

Again, nice book.....

9.4 w/ caveat of not having seen back cover

i would tend to agree, but being a DC, i'm guessing this would grade out as a lovely 9.2.................. thumbsup2.gif

and i'm not sure how anyone can feel this might be trimmed from just this scan.. 893whatthe.gif

Actually, I thought that, too. confused-smiley-013.gif