• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade These Gems: FF #25 & #50

26 posts in this topic

Great golly be-jeezus! 27_laughing.gif

I've seen beautiful books (7.0) with completely detached covers receive 3.0's from CGC. And I must agree, it is a defect which personally bothers me.

I think 1.5's are generous grades here for these two books . . .

FR/GD 1.0 sumo.gif

Yuck!!! I am glad you enjoy those. I'd have to send those to charity.

Come on now, those are great readers, not worth a lot, but great stories and appear complete. Some people like to read them without losing 35$ per page turn.

Come on now, those are great readers, not worth a lot, but great stories and appear complete. Some people like to read them without losing 35$ per page turn.

I'm with ComicDey on this. Please give the grade, keep the comments. sumo.gif

And your grades are where? 27_laughing.gif

Um...this is a message board. The whole basis on which this site runs revolves around comments. gossip.gif

And your grades are where? 27_laughing.gif

Fa+ thumbsup2.gif

Fa/Gd thumbsup2.gif

Complete Fa/Gd 1.5 isn't out of the question for either one.

I've seen beautiful books (7.0) with completely detached covers receive 3.0's from CGC. And I must agree, it is a defect which personally bothers me.

FR/GD 1.0 sumo.gif

I wish you graded your own books as tough. poke2.gif

FR/GD 1.0 sumo.gif

I wish you graded your own books as tough. poke2.gif

Way tougher makepoint.gifgossip.gifExcept I don't have anything of quite this . . . ahem, caliber 27_laughing.gif

Hrm. I was, of course, not expecting these to grade well at all. But according to Gemestone Publishing's page on grading, the cover can be detached on a 2.0 book, let alone a 1.5 or lower book. Considering there are only small pieces missing from #50 and even less on #25, no tape and little spine roll, and no staining or soiling, I would say these might reach 1.8! Oh yeah. cloud9.gif

The Grading Bastiche says.....1.5 and 1.5.

I agree. There's no major pieces missing. It would be 2.0+ if the covers were attached.

27_laughing.gif You can't grade high grade or low grade 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

The Grading Bastiche says.....1.5 and 1.5.

I agree. There's no major pieces missing. It would be 2.0+ if the covers were attached.

27_laughing.gif You can't grade high grade or low grade 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Funny that most of my books have comes back from CGC as right on the mark as the way I graded them. confused-smiley-013.gif