• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

handling of comics

4 posts in this topic

I tried to get an answer from Ask Cgc forum, but no response. Does anyone know the smaller details of the events that happen with cgc grading....who opens the boxes the pregrader or random confused-smiley-013.gif staff, how many people come in contact with the comics, who slabs them...etc...

Are you worried your books might be mishandled, or do you have another reason for wanting to know? Considering all the thousands of high grade books that pass through their offices, I'd say you're in pretty good hands barring any unfortunate accidents. I don't know all the specifics, but I do know that no one at CGC touches books unless they are trained to do so properly.

IMO, the best thing to do would be to call CGC Customer Service using their toll-free number. If they don't know the details offhand, I'm sure they'd be happy to find out for you.

Does anyone know the smaller details of the events that happen with cgc grading....who opens the boxes the pregrader or random staff, how many people come in contact with the comics, who slabs them...etc...

Refer to page 121 of the Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide. It gives a pretty good overview of the process.