• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone got any cool cover war books for sale?

30 posts in this topic

Basically, I wanted to make this thread for anybody to post any Golden Age war books you might have for sale. If I am not interested maybe another board member will be. Personally, I'd just like to see some nice war covers. Just post what you've got. If it has an attractive cover I might buy if it is a not so high dollar book (less than $100). But go ahead and post your war books. I haven't seen a war book F/S thread on here in a good long time. I'd like to see what's out there... popcorn.gif

Here's an Our Army at War # 84 in a very solid G+.Don't let the grade fool you,this is a nice book,easily an eBay VG+.Asking $70,which is a bit over guide,but realistic considering how scarce this early Sgt. Rock appearance is.Many consider the 81 to be a prototype(I haven't read it yet) and the 83 to be his first full appearance.If this is true,84 would be the second full appearance.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

oaaw84.jpg

Any silver war that you don't want King, let me know! I'm a DC war fan!

I'm a Marvel war fan. smile.gif But if you see something that someone posts from DC you can go ahead and go for it if that's what you mean. So far it doesn't look like many peope have any GA war books. frown.gif

eh? Any interest for back cover scans? Both look like they could be 9.0s in hand, but grade out to be about 6.0 apiece.

Soldiers of Fortune #10 (1952) American Comics Group

sof103ar.jpg

Operation: Peril #12 (1952) American Comics Group

opperil122gk.jpg

Who sells war books?...seriously, I wanna know. I think I've tapped out everything I can find.

I'm with John. I beat the bushes every day and man, there is not a lot out there. It's painful!!!

Shep

Who sells war books?...seriously, I wanna know. I think I've tapped out everything I can find.

I have about 100-200 pre-code war books for sale. I'm currently in the middle of listing my GA Crime. Which appears endless...although I finally hit the P's. I was going to move onto the Western box next, but I could do War first if there was ample incentive.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's a link to a few low low graders

low grade war lot and Supes

Low Grade War Lot Asking $15

Blackhawk #86 Last precode ish Fair/Good Loose cover, tears, chunky

Star Spangled War Stories #14 Good- Cover barely hanging on

Star spangled War Stories #53 Poor 'Nuff Said -Has 3rd Sgt. Rock Prototype.

Asking $15

Now Free Shipping