• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARKETPLACE AWARDS

39 posts in this topic

We used to hand out awards to those that contributed in a positive way to these forums. This year, I think we need to hand out awards to those that make this place near unbearable. The extreme low-ballers. Those that bury other people's marketplace threads with a bunch of dribble. Those that have no idea how to pack comics properly. Those that haven't the slightest idea how to grade. Etc...

I know it's seems like a negative exercise, but the 'forum only' marketplace has become a disgrace...and it needs to be corrected.

Now before the usual suspects chime in & take another jab at me, I'll nominate myself for "WORST AT GETTING PACKAGES OUT IN A TIMELY MATTER"

Of course I realize this will denegrate almost immediately into a full-scale forum Flame war, but I think that's exactly what this place needs about now.

Let's burn this place to the ground.......and start all over.

Or....you can take a few more 'jabs' at me....and find my true breaking point. popcorn.gif

WHERES MY PACKAGE DAMN IT!!!!! Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif893censored-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifboo.gifpopcorn.gif

flowerred.gif

I know it's seems like a negative exercise, but the 'forum only' marketplace has become a disgrace...and it needs to be corrected.

Are you joking? This forum has been cranking over the last 6 months more than ever before? confused-smiley-013.gif

Now before the usual suspects chime in & take another jab at me, I'll nominate myself for "WORST AT GETTING PACKAGES OUT IN A TIMELY MATTER"

Maybe I've missed it, but who are the usual suspects that take jabs at you? poke2.gif

Ummmmm... is work getting to you already???

confused-smiley-013.gif

Nope. Work is great. hi.gif

Glad to hear it. thumbsup2.gif

Well I'd love to stick around and see how this plays out, but it's 4:30 am out here and it's time to hit the sack!

gossip.gif go take a look at my "dribble" there's may be a SS book there for you poke2.gif

Night!

John thumbsup2.gif

Just needed to get that all out.

Serenity now. cloud9.gif

Seinfeld! thumbsup2.gif

Serenity now. cloud9.gif

So you don't want nominations? frown.gif

Shame, as I've got nominees for...

(1) Embarrassingly Shameful Lowballer

(2) Most Obnoxious Negotiator

(3) Biggest Waster Of Your Precious Time

Serenity now. cloud9.gif

So you don't want nominations? frown.gif

Shame, as I've got nominees for...

(1) Embarrassingly Shameful Lowballer

(2) Most Obnoxious Negotiator

(3) Biggest Waster Of Your Precious Time

Let's hear 'em. popcorn.gif

Perhaps there should be a permanent thread about buying and selling practices on these boards within the Comics Market - WTB and Forum Only Selling.

I saw Johnny G was selling some books and made what I thought was a reasonable request about receiving payment for books in a timely manner. In my mind there are just a few common practices that should be followed in every transaction.

For buyers, I think they should pay in a timely manner - 3 days seems reasonable. I pay immediately following the close of the deal, but that's me. I don't go to the grocery store and ask if I can pay them in a couple weeks or months. If I don't have the money at the checkout, no soup for me.

For sellers, I think they should not sell more books than they can handle in a timely manner. If you are selling so many books that it takes you weeks or months to ship them out to buyers, you may need to cut back on your selling a bit. I also think that how a package is shipped is important. When I sell something, I ship it in a mylar sleeve with a back between two pieces of heavy cardboard, wrap it in bubble wrap, and put it in a box. No envelopes! Even if it is just one book, it gets a box. Again, that's just me. As corny as it is, I do try to follow the Golden Rule.

And of course, grading is important. But to me that should be a given on these boards. This board shouldn't be like dealing with Ebayers. This board should be much better than that for both parties involved.

Of course, there are always exceptions. But they should be just that - exceptions, not the rule.

Those are my thoughts. You guys can return to the flaming. thumbsup2.gif

oh great, a big slanderfest that will make these boards more hostile than ever before! don't get too mad at them, you simply tapped out the mcfarlane/byrne market for a little while with all your offerings.

Honestly, I'm not trying to judge anyone. I know things come up from time to time that keep people from paying on time or shipping on time, etc...

My comments are based on the vast number of posts/threads on here almost every day about somebody not shipping out books or not paying for books they received, or both. I just think that buying and selling experiences on these boards should be better than Ebay and from what I've been reading lately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Personally, I have nothing but positive comments for the few people I've dealt with on these boards. But just the fact that a thread like this exists makes me start to feel a little leary about buying books from board members. I don't want to have to start wondering who the good sellers/buyers are like I do on Ebay.

"When I sell something, I ship it in a mylar sleeve with a back between two pieces of heavy cardboard, wrap it in bubble wrap, and put it in a box. No envelopes! Even if it is just one book, it gets a box. Again, that's just me. As corny as it is, I do try to follow the Golden Rule."

This is asking a bit much unless you (the buyer) are offering to pay for the extra or it's an expensive item. I don't have a huge stockpile of mylar and given the cost, I save it for high end books. A fairly fresh poly and a fairly new board should suffice for the $3-$15 items that are typical here. (If I know I bagged/boarded something 6 months ago, I'm probably not going to do it again.) And I don't use a box unless it's a few comics. Ought sandwhiching the darn thing between 4 or so pieces of sturdy cardboard be sufficient? I've never been told anything got damaged that way.

"When I sell something, I ship it in a mylar sleeve with a back between two pieces of heavy cardboard, wrap it in bubble wrap, and put it in a box. No envelopes! Even if it is just one book, it gets a box. Again, that's just me. As corny as it is, I do try to follow the Golden Rule."

This is asking a bit much unless you (the buyer) are offering to pay for the extra or it's an expensive item. I don't have a huge stockpile of mylar and given the cost, I save it for high end books. A fairly fresh poly and a fairly new board should suffice for the $3-$15 items that are typical here. (If I know I bagged/boarded something 6 months ago, I'm probably not going to do it again.) And I don't use a box unless it's a few comics. Ought sandwhiching the darn thing between 4 or so pieces of sturdy cardboard be sufficient? I've never been told anything got damaged that way.

893applaud-thumb.gif