• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARTICLE ON MSNBC UNCOVERING EBAY FILTH!

31 posts in this topic

Look at this guy! Nice auction listing to scam people. The fake Squaretrade Logo & his "HIGH FEEDBACK" should have been a sign.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2037184149

Did you see the other articles? Man there are scam artists who are still registered!!!!! shocked.gif

I don't understand the concept of shilling with another account, yet traceable to the same ISP, name, address. Think about it for a moment. There are sellers in baseball cards, high profile EXPENSIVE graded cards, that routinely bid up each other's cards. It's so evident that a child would see it. How does Ebay stop THIS practice that goes on unchecked and NOT even in Private auctions? It's impossible. That's how. And what about auction Houses? These auctions are all private! How does anybody know who's on the other end of the phone making a bid at the last minute? How does anybody know IF there's a voice on the other end of the phone or if one of the bid coordinators is looking at memos on his item listings with UNPUBLISHED minimum reserves, and is getting a "Phantom phone-bid"? How about those auctions that KEEP GOING ON even after the supposed gavel time? You know, one of those "the auction is still open until no further top bids have come in for a period of ten minutes after the last bid" (even if it's HOURS after the published auction end time)? Many sportsmemorabilia auction houses have run auctions with stupid rules like that on items that you wouldn't believe the magnitude of (Babe Ruth game used uniforms, Wagner cards, etc.....incredible museum quality stuff). How'd you like to make the high bid at midnight, when the auction is SUPPOSEDLY over, and find out when you wake up that you DIDN'T win, because some phantom outbid you at 4:14 AM?!? Does anybody EVER really know just WHO their bidding against in a Private auction, and that most certainly includes ALL Auction Houses? Quite possibly, you're bidding against YOURSELF and aren't even aware of it.

Ebay is defintely flawed. I don't know much about other auction houses so I can't comment smirk.gif A lot of these articles just reinforce common sense that many bidders on ebay do not have. I found the article on the "stamp ring" interesting. Good stuff laugh.gif

So is the jewelry store that just sold you the 3 ct. engagement ring for $22,000 with THEIR "official" appraisal of $66,000 on a D-E-F quality diamond!!!! BUT, if you have a change of heart and try selling it to a retailer the next week, you'll be offered $6,600 on your G-H-I quality "flawed" stone.

The world is flawed. No flaws, and it's EDEN, and even THERE, they had a big problem with rotten fruit!

Ebay says it on every page, "Buyer beware, these items have NOT been verified", neither has the mugger that's waiting in the bushes with a lead pipe in his hand, if you don't have the sense NOT to saunter down certain dark streets at 3 AM.

You find sellers that you TRUST, store-keepers that you TRUST. Folks that have provenly done right by you, and you stick with them. People who STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT for the duration of your ownership. Sellers that DON'T want or need your money unless you are 100% satisfied. This will stack the odds of positive outcomes astronomically in your favor.

Yup smile.gif Everyone I have bought from on ebay has been great laugh.gif It's pretty easy to find the good dealers. Feedbacks, item description, forms of payment accepted along with many other factors say a lot about a particular seller. It's too bad that some people don't look into it sometimes smile.gif

I've done o.k. on eBay as well... never been screwed. smile.gif

The one time I came close was on a Marvel Masterworks 13 from a seller with a FB of one. It was the last one I needed, so I broke one of my cardinal bidding rules regarding feedback. Anyway, I paid, and 2 weeks later, no book. I send an inquiring e-mail. No answer. I recheck the FB. Uh-Oh frown.gif ... a negative. So I send an e-mail with a bit more aggressive tone. I contact eBay. After another week, as I'm getting ready to follow-up further, the book shows. Just like that... no e-mail replies to my prior inquiries. I check the guy's FB one last time.... and he's been de-listed.

Kevin, you never disappoint me with your predictability! In your topsy-turvy world, a limbo where everyone dances OVER the bar and all the furniture is nailed to the ceiling, your programmability is in a league by itself. You would have been the first one dipping the ladel in the Kool-ade if this was Jonestown. I would think that since you already lead the charge against me quite ineffectively, tripping over your own sword on TWO occasions now,

"Look at this Comic Keys insufficiently_thoughtful_person, there's color touch in the X in his X-Men 7. I want everyone to see what a fraud he is".....

and

"That's not Koos, that's Dorian Yates"!

....among OTHER notable fallacious observations, that you would have the good sense to STOP CRYING WOLF!!! The only thing you have succeeded in showing everyone is your A**, something that we could have lived without viewing, if I may so bold as to speak for everyone else. Why not quit while you're way BEHIND, so that we don't have to see any more of IT than we already have?

I'm trying to make CONSTRUCTIVE posts. ADD something to the knowledge base here while you just keep throwing those "banana balls" ten feet in front of the plate. How many times does your "war-horse" have to trample over?

Not at all New User, I'm POINTING OUT, that the very thing that I am being persecuted for is STANDARD PRACTICE in 99.9% of all auction houses, from the smallest to the biggest of the big (Mastronet). Auctions where you have NO idea if you're bidding against yourself.