• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Cup Doth Runneth Over

13 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I don't often write a post, but I'm looking at all the amount and variety of art being offered on Ebay this week, and I am just overwhelmed. In fact, I'm more than overwhelmed. I am just floored by the selections available from various individuals and galleries. Anybody else feel that way? From Foster, Herriman, and Raymond to Wood, Davis, Crandall ,and Kirby the coffers are full of some fine examples of original art from the best of comic strip and comic book art. Single pages, splashes, full stories. It's all there. I'm wondering if I should even bother to go to San Diego. Whatever I was saving could be long gone before I get there. Best,

Mark

The Black Cat is definitely cool. It's a great splash. What I wouldn't give to have a Wally Wood complete story, but my family is accustomed to having some food and shelter.

Yeah, nice piece, but from the little bits I've heard, sounds like this piece was never actually available...and so probably just added to help fill out the site, complete with a little "false advertising" in the vein of "hey, did you see what just sold on ComicLink...and at what price?!?"

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's certainly the way it looks given the previous conversation on this one.

You are not wrong.

Yeah, nice piece, but from the little bits I've heard, sounds like this piece was never actually available...and so probably just added to help fill out the site, complete with a little "false advertising" in the vein of "hey, did you see what just sold on ComicLink...and at what price?!?"

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's certainly the way it looks given the previous conversation on this one.

Welcome to the boards Mark!Putting my old collection back together again would be difficult.I lost the lion's share of it in "90 when I passed out while smoking a cigarette after spending 2 straight days partying with a friend who'd just returned from a scalloping trip.Burnt half the house down.And I still didn't learn my lesson!GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Welcome to the boards Mark!Putting my old collection back together again would be difficult.I lost the lion's share of it in "90 when I passed out while smoking a cigarette after spending 2 straight days partying with a friend who'd just returned from a scalloping trip.Burnt half the house down.And I still didn't learn my lesson!GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Thats a crazy story. I was going to ask but didnt want to seem too nosey. All's well that end's well and if you turned it around, that is something to be VERY proud of.

Here my pick on EBAY: (Raymond/ Flash Gordon - 1937)

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/272-Ray...634514124QQrdZ1

0272_1_lg.jpg

Losing the collection was only part of the story.I got worse and it finally took some jail time before I realized that I didn't have to be the way I was.By the way,that Raymond piece is fantastic!GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friennd of jesus) thumbsup2.gif