• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'70s British Marvels. Anybody interested in these?

41 posts in this topic

They're not worth that much in fact 99% of my collection of approx. 50 of these were given to me for free as throw ins when I buy stuff. I have the original cover art for titans #34 hence my avatar.

They're not worth that much in fact 99% of my collection of approx. 50 of these were given to me for free as throw ins when I buy stuff. I have the original cover art for titans #34 hence my avatar.

I found a splash page from a Titans book in last collection. Its an Iron Man piece. Where do you find copies of Titans? It would be kind of cool to see what that art looks like published. I'll try to scan it later.

My titans book has recreation of FF 89 if I am not mistaken (Thing and superskrull on the cover) I will scan both tonight when I get home from work. I bought the original art off of ebay after the reserve was not met, the book came with it. I believe I paid 200.00 for it. Extremely cheap for bronze age cover art but there really isn't any interest in British comics. Ron Wilson was the penciler. I am always on the lookout for marvel bristish art since it is so cheap in comparison.

My titans book has recreation of FF 89 if I am not mistaken (Thing and superskrull on the cover) I will scan both tonight when I get home from work. I bought the original art off of ebay after the reserve was not met, the book came with it. I believe I paid 200.00 for it. Extremely cheap for bronze age cover art but there really isn't any interest in British comics. Ron Wilson was the penciler. I am always on the lookout for marvel bristish art since it is so cheap in comparison.

Mine says from Iron man #13 on the front, but is stamped with Titans on the back. I looked through Iron Man #13 and did not find that exact panel, but the villain was the same (Controller). Looks like Tuska art, but not signed anywhere. So did this Ron Wilson guy probably do mine? Copied style of other artists? I'll post it tonight.