• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'70s British Marvels. Anybody interested in these?

41 posts in this topic

No actually Ron wilson was a regular marvel artist and did work for U.S. books as well. Your art might be Tuska art. Most of the art was black and white reprint material, but I have found some with a little original art as well. I might be interested in it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No actually Ron wilson was a regular marvel artist and did work for U.S. books as well. Your art might be Tuska art. Most of the art was black and white reprint material, but I have found some with a little original art as well. I might be interested in it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know its hard to tell without a scan (I'll post tonight), But would it be in the realm of possibilities that it was an unused piece from Iron Man #13?

It cracks me up how everyone indicates they have no value, but 5 or 6 people want them.

$2.22 / book is value confused-smiley-013.gifmakepoint.gif

Yes, the $20 offer for them isn't bad considering.....

$2.22 a book from this crowd is big money. Seriously, I offered the group of 82 books in the bellow thread, which were mostly decent looking BA and some high grade Batman coppers and Gladstones, for about $1.25 each (if you bought them all) and nobody even came in with a counter-offer:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=1&vc=1

Sure, my initial hope of $3 each was perhaps optimistic, but seriously...

Anyway, I think the British comics are cool and worth at least $20 for the group (and no, I don't have a closet full of them!)

$2.22 a book from this crowd is big money. Seriously, I offered the group of 82 books in the bellow thread, which were mostly decent looking BA and some high grade Batman coppers and Gladstones, for about $1.25 each (if you bought them all) and nobody even came in with a counter-offer:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=1&vc=1

Sure, my initial hope of $3 each was perhaps optimistic, but seriously...

Anyway, I think the British comics are cool and worth at least $20 for the group (and no, I don't have a closet full of them!)

Yeah but you don't see these everyday. I've been to the UK a few times and don't even see them over there, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. I initially thought $20 for the lot was very high, but now think its pretty reasonable and may even go a little higher.

I haven't been on the boards that long, but it is very interesting to see what sells and for how much around here. Either most of us are very specific about what we collect, condition, etc. Or Good - Fine+ books (1965-1980) are complete and utter junk and should be taken outside and burned immediately. I wonder what % of comic collecting these standards apply to. I would say 20% of my sales at a show

consist of this stuff, so some people like it. Its just kind of weird at the lack of interest here for it, unless it priced at 25% of guide.

But then the opposite is kind of true as well when you see "NM" copper books go for $3 or more a pop 893whatthe.gif

Maybe its just a total amount of $$$ out there? Who knows confused-smiley-013.gif

These Brit marvel reprints (various titles, I have no idea which ones are rarer) from the 70s show up on ebay now and then and don't cost that much -- except to ship them to the U.S.! Once shipping is factored in they often cost $5-10 each.

Are you talking about my small blurry avatar or finecomics IronMan piece?

both, now. wtf is that thing? the super skrull fighting the Fog Monster?

As stated in my pm to 143ksk You guys don't know what your missing . They're all mine Yes!!!!! Even though I buy lots of books sometimes the cheapies put as big a smile on my face as the higher dollars books. WOOHOO!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifcloud9.gif

interesting strategy junkie, downplay the value and then fly in and scoop them up. i should do that when i go to apartment open houses...talk loud about the huge rat I saw in the bathroom or something.

just kidding!

sorry, 143, I tried to hype up the bidding to $100, but it didn't work

they are interesting books,B&W reprints with an occasional new cover,but I have seen zero collector interest in them at any sort of premium.The last batch I had,I ended up selling most for a dollar or less.Only one of this type that brings any kind of money is the Christmas Issue with a Miller Batman cover. Those go for about $5.

Its actually kind of cheap when you look at the price of new comics today. Sure they're black and white reprints but alot have centerfolds with new art as well. I would pay basicly $2 a pop in a heartbeat especially if its FF related. Maybe I should start a new thread sell me your cheap Marvel UK books It would be fun the gather a large collection and start a website showcasing the covers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif