• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what's the best way to ship

11 posts in this topic

20 comics + a CGC slab to Canada

is the slab going to make it harder to ship by airmail air letter? is that going to be cheaper than a global priority box? should I break this up into two packages?

thanks

20 comics + a CGC slab to Canada

is the slab going to make it harder to ship by airmail air letter? is that going to be cheaper than a global priority box? should I break this up into two packages?

thanks

Global Priority maxes out at 4 lbs. frown.gif

I haven't been able to find a Global priority box that a slab would fit in. So find a decent box and fit them in with proper packaging. Global Priority to Canada seems to be the most affordable/reliable means to ship USPS.

I think you can send GP in your own box, that's what I did last time I shipped a slab to canada. their boxes are too small. Hmmm, I think that this is going to weigh more than 4 pounds though.

I haven't been able to find a Global priority box that a slab would fit in.
They do not fit. frown.gif

You guys just aren't pushing hard enough. I mean sure, the case is all cracked and bent when it finally gets in the box, but it does fit wink.gif

Or you could visit your local LCS and ask for one or two of the empty Diamond boxes. CGC slabs fit in there with enough room for padding and you can still fit an additional 60-70 books. Advantage is the box was built to ship comics. Drawback is they are heavy and with a slab and 20 comics you will be way past 4 pounds.

20 comics should be around 2-2 1/2 pounds by themselves the slab even in an inverted priority mail box is around 2 so you are already over 4 pounds.

I just sent the beyonder around 80 books plus 2 slabs and I think the shipping was in the high 20 to low 30 dollar range.and earlier today I shipped an 8 pound pakage (4-6 days) for $21.50. if that helps.

Take a Flat Rate Priority Box (larger one), turn it inside out and you should be okay.

Thats what I do! thumbsup2.gif

We don't care. 893blahblah.gif

Some day I will send that torn up batman wantabe wizard book to you and it wont be in a box.. sumo.gif