• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHILADELPHIA - WIZARD CON - MARKET REPORT

55 posts in this topic

a few other books i saw:

Captain America #49 cgc 9.6 (golden age)

ASM #2 cgc 8.5

ASM #41 cgc 9.4

Young Allies #1 cgc 9.0

FF #5 cgc 9.0

FF #1 cgc 7.5

and speaking of XMEN #3, I did see a cgc 8.5 go for $500.

rantpost.gif

I enjoyed the show, but would have enjoyed spending more time with several people I spoke with. The time at shows always seem to go too fast. It seemed that the show had something for everyone and included everything from comics to wrestling. It was great to such a wide selection of comics. Several people I spoke to were happy to see Nick Cardy at the show. The CGC forum dinner was a good time for all who attended. The only negative was the layout of the table which made it difficult to talk to people at the other end of the table. I think it was overall a great show and hopefully forum members will be able to do another dinner at a future show.

Many of the dealers were disappointed in the "spending" at the show. Many did not hit their "projected" numbers for the show. If you've done shows in the area you know that there are spenders and "tire kickers". If you don't bring low dollar items many people just stand and gawk at the stuff they would love to own but can't afford to.

For me the show was as good as last year, incredible first day and torture the next two. I picked up a lot of great material, Captain America #44, 45, 76, Strange Tales #110, a complete Justice League run from B&B #28-30, Justice League #1-200 in high grade and some miscellaneous silver and bronze.

I also enjoyed dealing with some of the lowballers who come up to the table asking for a certain issue. In some cases I had 7 high grade copies which sort of takes out the argument that "Do you have something nicer?" In most cases it's "My wallet is empty".

Overall the show was very good for me and I look forward to seeing some of you at other shows.

Many of the dealers were disappointed in the "spending" at the show. Many did not hit their "projected" numbers for the show. If you've done shows in the area you know that there are spenders and "tire kickers". If you don't bring low dollar items many people just stand and gawk at the stuff they would love to own but can't afford to.

For me the show was as good as last year, incredible first day and torture the next two. I picked up a lot of great material, Captain America #44, 45, 76, Strange Tales #110, a complete Justice League run from B&B #28-30, Justice League #1-200 in high grade and some miscellaneous silver and bronze.

I also enjoyed dealing with some of the lowballers who come up to the table asking for a certain issue. In some cases I had 7 high grade copies which sort of takes out the argument that "Do you have something nicer?" In most cases it's "My wallet is empty".

Overall the show was very good for me and I look forward to seeing some of you at other shows.

Bob did have the COOLEST book at the show...Planet 1 CGC 8.0(?). If you want to do a very long time payment on it, let me know.

another dude with long blonde hair and a mid west/southern accent had a planet #1 as well along with some great golden age goodies like Miss Fury #4, Young Allies #1, etc.

Bob had some great books.... 893whatthe.gif