• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Hulk 180 and 181

35 posts in this topic

That's odd, I remember a big "$" on his chest . . .

It disappears when you open the book. smile.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

First time I've had to wipe Dr. Pepper off my screen while reading this board.

And of course, it's due to a fellow VF.com member. thumbsup2.gif

Never drink and surf at the same time. Friends don't let friends drink and surf.

Sorry about that. smile.gif

I took that picture when I was assessing the grade of the book before submitting to CGC. I'm sure my eyes looked like $^$ while I was doing it. I remember getting more than $250 for it after slabbing. Can't for the life of me remember where that one came from and what I paid for it.

Aren't there ads for Hulk 181 as well the month it came out? There might even be an ad that shows Wolverine but I can't remember. Not a big deal except to the completionist.

Ed

Aren't there ads for Hulk 181 as well the month it came out? There might even be an ad that shows Wolverine but I can't remember. Not a big deal except to the completionist.

Ed

What a lot of sturm und drang! Thank God for the completionist! sumo.gif

You might want to look out for a high grade 184 (orange cover if I recall correctly) as well, as I believe the wolverine panel is reprinted in the letters page with discussions from collectors about the book. I consider this the final chapter to the first appearances of Wolverine as it has the readers reactions.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll definitely have to check that out 893applaud-thumb.gif

Do you have a nice Hulk run for me to go with everything else? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You might want to look out for a high grade 184 (orange cover if I recall correctly) as well, as I believe the wolverine panel is reprinted in the letters page with discussions from collectors about the book. I consider this the final chapter to the first appearances of Wolverine as it has the readers reactions.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll definitely have to check that out 893applaud-thumb.gif

Do you have a nice Hulk run for me to go with everything else? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Many later issues. I sold some of the nicest early ones to Flaming Telepath a while back. 20-25 cent issues, and I sold the McFarland Run. Other than that, yes, I have 9.0-9.8 27_laughing.gif range books available.

I'll never have time to pull them all by the weekend from your lists though.

Many later issues. I sold some of the nicest early ones to Flaming Telepath a while back. 20-25 cent issues, and I sold the McFarland Run. Other than that, yes, I have 9.0-9.8 27_laughing.gif range books available.

I'll never have time to pull them all by the weekend from your lists though.

PM sent. Don't worry about anything for this weekend though buddy.

AF, you know that you're gonna make me scan more books to show you? grin.gif

frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif

By this time next week i will be homeless because of you! grin.gif

Just get me a list with grades and we'll go from there. Im looking for VFN/NM and better. No need to spend time on scans just yet. Cheap is the key though. Hopefully a nice run.

AF, you know that you're gonna make me scan more books to show you? grin.gif

frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif

By this time next week i will be homeless because of you! grin.gif

Just get me a list with grades and we'll go from there. Im looking for VFN/NM and better. No need to spend time on scans just yet. Cheap is the key though. Hopefully a nice run.

Take solace in the fact that you're comics will always have a home. stooges.gif

Here is my Hulk 181 from my eBay store

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Incredible-Hulk-...oQQcmdZViewItem

The little spot you see on the R in incRedible is a slight dent. The pages are REALLY nice on this issue without the production holes.

I really, really like the QP on that copy but too many little things drop it down to a VFN (8.0) in my opinion. Especially the 8 stress marks on the spine.

When i finally get my copy it will be a keeper so i don't think it's what im looking for. What kind of B/O are you looking for?

Anfield, you are one tough grader! That copy looks identical...right down to the tiny spine stresses...as the one I just got back from CGC which they graded 9.0 confused-smiley-013.gif

Anfield, you are one tough grader! That copy looks identical...right down to the tiny spine stresses...as the one I just got back from CGC which they graded 9.0

Sorry but i have to disagree. Super-size the image.

I see 8 colour breaking stress marks, the dent in the "R" in Incredible, a "bump" at the top of the spine, very slight wear along the bottom right corner and a fingernail mark next to the "TM".

Then there is the 2 white "lines", one on of the left of the Wendigo and the other just below the Hulk avatar. Finally there is some discolouration in the TLC. Without seeing the books i can't tell what these are from the scan.

All in all i would give this book a VFN (8.0) mostly due to the colour breaking stress marks. If it didn't have the four in the middle i would be all over this book.

I would love to see your copy though. Is it for sale? flowerred.gif

Anfield, you are one tough grader! That copy looks identical...right down to the tiny spine stresses...as the one I just got back from CGC which they graded 9.0

I see 8 colour breaking stress marks, the dent in the "R" in Incredible, a "bump" at the top of the spine, very slight wear along the bottom right corner and a fingernail mark next to the "TM".

Then there is the 2 white "lines", one on of the left of the Wendigo and the other just below the Hulk avatar. Finally there is some discolouration in the TLC. Without seeing the books i can't tell what these are from the scan.

All in all i would give this book a VFN (8.0) mostly due to the colour breaking stress marks. If it didn't have the four in the middle i would be all over this book.

even without super-sizyng the image the several spine creases are clearly visible... wink.gif

looks like a solid 8.0 indeed, but no way it would (should) go higher imho

regards

The white lines on the side are speckling and are printing defects where the print did not properly adhere to the book. I have seen 9.6 and 1 9.8 copy with this defect so CGC does not deduct points for it.

Hey Anfield...here is mine:

hulk181.jpg

Sorry, not for sale! You'll find one...be diligent. It took me awhile but I found this raw on eBay...seller had it graded as an 8.5 and I thought it looked a tad better. cloud9.gif