• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you organize your collection?

96 posts in this topic

They are the HON Legal cabinets from Staples.com, they also come in "putty", and have 2, 3, and 4 drawer configurations. I'll measure tonight.

One thing to think about is weight; these would not do well on a weak floor as they are VERY heavy fully loaded. I have these two on the second floor of my well built home, and the third (when I get it) will cause me to move them downstairs.

Also, if you choose to pick some out from a local store, take an index card with you and make sure it clears the top. There are some (at my office) that won't clear it at all, much less a comic. Mine barely hit on the top of the index card, and make a "flipflipflip) noise when I shut each drawer. I could trim them down I suppose, but I like having the room for text.

It appears we have the same Shazam Action figure. Where do you get your file cabinets? What are the dimensions etc.

His name is actually Captain Marvel, not Shazam poke2.gif

He guards the books when I don't lock up the cabinets. He does a good job; doesn't even blink.

They are the HON Legal cabinets from Staples.com, they also come in "putty", and have 2, 3, and 4 drawer configurations. I'll measure tonight.

One thing to think about is weight; these would not do well on a weak floor as they are VERY heavy fully loaded. I have these two on the second floor of my well built home, and the third (when I get it) will cause me to move them downstairs.

Also, if you choose to pick some out from a local store, take an index card with you and make sure it clears the top. There are some (at my office) that won't clear it at all, much less a comic. Mine barely hit on the top of the index card, and make a "flipflipflip) noise when I shut each drawer. I could trim them down I suppose, but I like having the room for text.

Exactly the cabinets I use. I ordered them from Staples.com and had them delivered free to my door. The size is great for bag/boarded comics, and for graded books laid on their side. thumbsup2.gif

That's pretty damn cool! thumbsup2.gif

Wait until the Justice League one for him comes out in September(all the cool action figures come out then!). You will be adding a buddy for him then, I guarantee!!

PICS?!?!?! popcorn.gif

I used to use the double-row in a legal-size file cabinet idea too, but mylars are just slightly too tall and they all brush the cabinet top when the drawer is being slid open or shut. "Card in bike spokes" effect.

I'm just fininshing up a VERY cool comics storage project here at home; when all the heavy lifting and building is done, I'll post pics.

I used to use the double-row in a legal-size file cabinet idea too, but mylars are just slightly too tall and they all brush the cabinet top when the drawer is being slid open or shut. "Card in bike spokes" effect.

Yep, those are too tall. That's why I switched to the Mylite+/Mylites2/Mylites4 line up---no unerving noises.

Post pics of the project! popcorn.gif

The Alex Ross one looks better than the ads for it-never seen one in a non-ad pic or in person. The classic takes the cake though.

I thought maybe you had a pic of the new buddy ours will have come September.

Oh ya, measurements tonite....

Ivanko , that's a optimal form to protect your comics, but it's practical to find an issue? because the issues are too thick otherwise they fall and they bend, right? confused.gif