• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting thread developing in silver comics

61 posts in this topic

Hmmm, who is this guy BlackShotzy?

Don't know Tom, but do we call him "BS" for short? confused.gif

Hehehe - jury's still out although Supapimp seems to somewhat sure.

Tom

I'm not convinced it's "him". What makes you so sure?

"convinced" as in the 'legal' sense? The timing, the language, his comments and what he was commenting on like that 9.9!!!!! book...and today, his expanding knowledge of the Dupcak matters.

Kinda coincidental that this newcomer is the first customer from that store on these boards, huh? And the first with all these new details about the case?

'Convinced'?? nah, but yeah, I think so.

Ablue came on and started a blanket promotion of "Cleaning and Pressing comics", he posted about 5 or 6 topics regarding it or something close to it. I got into several fights with him, as did several others as he was quite set on his position.

Brian

Ablue came on and started a blanket promotion of "Cleaning and Pressing comics", he posted about 5 or 6 topics regarding it or something close to it. I got into several fights with him, as did several others as he was quite set on his position.

Brian

I might add that it turned out he had an ulterior motive as he later revealed he owned a cleaned & pressed, purple label of death BatMan 3. A book which he subsequently claimed to sell for "much more than what the experts said". It was only 6 months ago, but man does it feel like an eternity. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thanx...but hes not a serious contender to be our 'OTHER' guy, right? btw--I met danny once at a show, and that mugshot IS Danny. He had really long rock-star hair way back when.....but I recognize the face. I still havent seen a real irrefutable connection between DD and comic-key/hammer/etc, but he flies off into such a rage every time its suggested which doesnt seem like a normal reaction to me.

If shotzy etc are all really DD, I still dont understand why he comes on the forum though? Whats in it for him? His auctions seem to do well without any bids from forum members right? There must be other boards he can hang out at!

just cant keep away you mean?

well if it is him, at least he seems to be back on his meds again! (I liked that line) ...talking about his poor doggy and everything. Thats another thing. No one would choose a name like Black Shotzy!!! Its just too, too WRONG and attention seeking..almost like a double twist----so un-anonymous youre supposed to think "nah! It couldnt be!?!"

From a linguistic standpoint, his posts are nearly identical in tone, language and syntax to hammer's posts when he first joined (after being banned as Methuselah). He's also joining a conversation about comic-keys, claiming to be a bidder (the same thing he did as hammer -- joined a thread about comic-keys, saying he had bid on the book. That was hammer's first post, actually.) When hammer started, he was very polite, spoke about not wanting to be involved in the arguments that went on here, yet spoke highly of the forum as a place he wanted to remain. He defended comic-keys with the same fervor mixed with 'innocence' (note that in the silver age thread, he says he's been reading the forum for a long time, yet also says he has no idea why the auction is being questioned. When it's pointed out that it's because it's comic-keys' auction, and it's the seller not the book, he is 'surprised'. Identical to his start as hammer. And it's a little difficult to believe that anyone could read this forum for a long time without running into debates about comic-keys. Especially now, since we just had another one. So why wouldn't he know instantly why the thread had been started?).

Hammer also began posting using multiple paragraph breaks to disguise his penchant for single paragraphs (consciously changing his style). This new poster is breaking his text into very short paragraphs. Within a short time, hammer returned to his original one paragraph style. It remains to be seen if the new poster will, too.

The new poster is also adding a lot of talk about card collecting. Hammer did the same thing, posting extensively on baseball card collecting and some of its parallels to comic collecting. This emphasis on cards went away after hammer had posted here for a week or two.

There are other things, but those are some of the flags that popped out when I read the messages. It could all be coincidence, of course. But there is certainly enough language evidence and parallels to hammer's intial appearance as 'hammer' to give one supsicion.

It's not my place to judge whether it's right or wrong that he's posting under a new ID. But speaking personally, he can be entertaining and he does know his comics. I don't like it when his temper gets the best of him, so I hope he can control that part of himself if he plans to stick around. It must get tiresome having to start from scratch every 6 months.

So from me, hammer, welcome back!

-- Joanna

Just as a side note, has anyone tried to bid on any Comic-Keys auctions? No matter what you bid, you get outbid by someone. Without going nuts, it's damn near impossible to buy one of his books :\

Brian