• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting thread developing in silver comics

61 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago I said I had heard from 9 different people who had received 12 different books from comic-keys, all restored. Three of those nine I found out about because they had posted here on the forum about it, and six I had learned about via ebay transactions or because they e-mailed me after reading these forums. Jhumd is one of the ones who e-mailed me back in October of 2002 when comic-keys first came out on the boards.

By the way, the total is up to 12 people who received 18 different books, all restored. Two more identified themselves after that last big thread, and previously I had mentioned I knew of one person who had received an unrestored book--Procrustean--but comic-keys himself posted that his book was resubmitted and came back restored, so he's out. I don't know of anyone who has received an undisputed unrestored comic from comic-keys, but like I've said repeatedly, we're probably all interested in hearing from the people who have received unaltered books from him. Too bad they haven't come forward yet...

I didn't ask him to post or anything...what brought you out of lurking, Jhumd? smile.gifstooges.gif

Ablue came on and started a blanket promotion of "Cleaning and Pressing comics", he posted about 5 or 6 topics regarding it or something close to it. I got into several fights with him, as did several others as he was quite set on his position.

Brian

I might add that it turned out he had an ulterior motive as he later revealed he owned a cleaned & pressed, purple label of death BatMan 3. A book which he subsequently claimed to sell for "much more than what the experts said". It was only 6 months ago, but man does it feel like an eternity. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I did come to this board very wrongly and simply trying to cram something down so fast was wrong.

Although honestly I did not have an ulterior motive 893blahblah.gif and just because I did have a c/p comic did not change the fact of how I felt about this type of resto. 893blahblah.gif

Anyway I am sorry I started it but it was fun no? goodevil.gif27_laughing.gif

I can understand everyone's feelings I did act like a 893censored-thumb.gif and I am sorry. 893applaud-thumb.gif

A little more free time on my hands right now brought me out of lurking...

Originally, I thought there was far too much mud-slinging on a lot of the posts, but I've actually learned quite a bit and many of the forum members seem knowledgable and interested in the well-being of the hobby.

I've always been a fan of the Sir William Osler quote, "Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought." But I guess we all have something to say sometimes! laugh.gif

I did come to this board very wrongly and simply trying to cram something down so fast was wrong.

Although honestly I did not have an ulterior motive 893blahblah.gif and just because I did have a c/p comic did not change the fact of how I felt about this type of resto. 893blahblah.gif

I can understand everyone's feelings I did act like a 893censored-thumb.gif and I am sorry. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My goodness! I think that was your best post ever! I don't have any issues with you, we buried the hatchet a long time ago buddy. The past is the past & yes, it was alot of fun! laugh.gif

My goodness! I think that was your best post ever! I don't have any issues with you, we buried the hatchet a long time ago buddy. The past is the past & yes, it was alot of fun! laugh.gif

You didn't seem to have buried the hatchet when you made that PM boo boo! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You didn't seem to have buried the hatchet when you made that PM boo boo! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know I got it

27_laughing.gif

That was priceless! insane.gif

27_laughing.gif

I know I got it

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

The thing is, greggy sent that PM & I accidentally passed it on to you! But I took the hit 'cause I thought greggy was a friend. I soon learned otherwise. frown.gif

I know I got it

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

The thing is, greggy sent that PM & I accidentally passed it on to you! But I took the hit 'cause I thought greggy was a friend. I soon learned otherwise. frown.gif

Friggin' LIAR

I know I got it

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

Im not surprised.

I knew greggy always cared sumo.gifmakepoint.gif

Im not surprised.

I knew greggy always cared sumo.gifmakepoint.gif

Yep, greggy's the type who will stab you in the back for some spooge covered romance comics. frown.gif

At least I knew that you would have some in your collection! sumo.gif

Shut your piehole! sumo.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Shaddup...you dumb fool! Isn't it time for your remedial English reading class? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Shut your piehole! sumo.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Shaddup...you dumb fool! Isn't it time for your remedial English reading class? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Stinky. 27_laughing.gif

Luvy Buggy! blush.gif