• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series KUDOS Thread... You know the deal

2,495 posts in this topic

okay, here goes:

i've always had this goal of having a SS book for every decade of detective comics. FFB was responsible for my detective #6 getting signed, so 1930's out of the way. i recently noticed that jerry robinson was going to be at SDCC, and i figured if i keep waiting, no one who worked on detective in the 1940's will be around soon. so, hurriedly, i bought a detective comics # 72 raw off metropolis. it was listed as a 4.5. looked good, but i was sure hoping there would be no restoration. with about 1 week to buy and receive the book, then mail it to desertwind comics, i didn't know if it would happen or not. luckily, they got the book. a few months go by, and today i receive a box in the mail. open it, and inside is my detective comics # 72 signed by jerry robinson. first off, it's perfectly signed right in the middle of the cover. doesn't take away from the art in any way (didn't even see it at first). i'd post a pic of the book, but i don't know how to do it (one day my GF might show me..lol)......anyway, remember i told you i bought it as a 4.5 raw? well, it came back as a 6.0 sig series, with off-white -white pages. i'm stunned! even without being signed, it's already worth more than i paid for it.

p.s. thank you so much desertwind comics. everything was perfect.

Edited by Hawkman

All right, I hope I remember everyone on this one. If I missed you, I'm sorry, just PM me and I will make the necessary corrections.

Big thanks to Oneasian for getting Marko Djurdevic for me and then sending it on to NYComics to add Joe Simon. That alone would have been an awesome book, but Rich Henn offered to help me out and get Gene Colan as well. It took between 6 months and a year to finally get Gene, but it finally happened with DesertWind's last tour, so thanks to Chandler and Sharon too!

104355.jpg.50cc0e5eeff0b9f58fe926d728680950.jpg

Next is my dream book for the last year and a half or so. When this edition came out, I instantly knew that I wanted to get Gene Colan to sign it for CGC SS. It's a great book with great art and is likely Gene's swan song as far as full issues. Again, Rich Henn worked hard on several occassions prior to sending it along to Chandler and Sharon. Thank you to all!

104356.jpg.928b5bfb274d10321b3d068445ef104e.jpg

All right, I hope I remember everyone on this one. If I missed you, I'm sorry, just PM me and I will make the necessary corrections.

Big thanks to Oneasian for getting Marko Djurdevic for me and then sending it on to NYComics to add Joe Simon. That alone would have been an awesome book, but Rich Henn offered to help me out and get Gene Colan as well. It took between 6 months and a year to finally get Gene, but it finally happened with DesertWind's last tour, so thanks to Chandler and Sharon too!

Very Nice Book Doug! Congrats!

A big thanks to the CAW's and witnesses who helped me get my books done this weekend.

Mike and Gemma each made the trek from the CGC booth to artist alley with me and always seemed happy to do so.

Mr. Mylar helped me get an additional signature on a book when I was basically running out the door. He was constantly offering to help during the show even though he had plenty of his own stuff to get done. Thanks!

MutantKeys met with me at the drop of a hat (not an easy feat at this show) to witness my JRJr books. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who could cross the show floor faster than Danny.

Chainnball definitely came through for me on Sunday when it came time to pick up the final sketches. He even walked around as I got multiple sigs on a book I've wanted to finish for some time now. Until he showed up, I started to doubt that it'd get done. Thanks, Brian!

You guys rock!

Ditto, plenty of hardworking selfless individuals at NYCC.

Mike was definitely rushing around helping out; run and tell dat homeboi :grin:

Danny barely had a moment to chat and everyone else associated with CGC were giving it their 100%

Thanks for making this hobby possible folks (thumbs u