• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: ASM #39

55 posts in this topic

Dang, oh well, i'm willing to shove $20, the LCS I found this issue at yesterday is in way better condition then that, and he wanted $20, so since it's the same buying off here as it would be to have mom drive to PA i'd rather get it off here with luck on a better deal. smile.gif

Dang, oh well, i'm willing to shove $20, the LCS I found this issue at yesterday is in way better condition then that, and he wanted $20, so since it's the same buying off here as it would be to have mom drive to PA i'd rather get it off here with luck on a better deal. smile.gif

I would call the comic shop to make sure it's still there before making your mom drive all the way down to PA. thumbsup2.gif

If you found one better than that one for $20 you should have picked it up. OS guide in 2.0 is like $40. I REALLY doubt you will find someone on here willing to sell you a copy for less than half of good guide. frown.gif It is a key issue. confused-smiley-013.gif

Good luck though. popcorn.gif

Yeah, WAY better. All it did was have a small peice missing from the cover close to the goblins face.

gossip.gif If there is a small chunk missing from the front cover that would make it a fair 1.0 copy according to overstreet makepoint.gif

No it doesn't. gossip.gif Small chips can be out of the cover all the way up to 8.0. Even a piece as large as 1/4" triangle can be missing in the very good range. Overstreet assigns 1.0s to books that are technically incomplete (ie: a missing page, panel, or coupon).

Yeah, WAY better. All it did was have a small peice missing from the cover close to the goblins face.

gossip.gif If there is a small chunk missing from the front cover that would make it a fair 1.0 copy according to overstreet makepoint.gif

No it doesn't. gossip.gif Small chips can be out of the cover all the way up to 8.0. Even a piece as large as 1/4" triangle can be missing in the very good range. Overstreet assigns 1.0s to books that are technically incomplete (ie: a missing page, panel, or coupon).

Yeah this one is complete. The whole is very small, I don't remeber how big, but I did remove the comic to look throught the whole thing, nothing was missing.

But now my parent says I really can't get it. i'd go without my weekly comics (I have $20, but now she wants me to keep it because she won't give no more for weekly's)

I'm guessing 3.0, 4.0 max. Of course now it seems like a faded picture in the back of my mind. 27_laughing.gif (meaning I can't remem,ber to well on how it looked)

gossip.gif Get the overstreet and look up their grading, it states,

Very Good (VG) (ONE 3.5-4.5): The average used comic book. A comic in this grade shows some wear, can have a reading or center crease or a moderately rolled spine, but has not accumulated enough total defects to reduce eye appeal to the point that it is not a desirable copy. Some discoloration, fading and even minor soiling is allowed. As much as a ¼’ triangle can be missing out of the corner or edge. A missing square piece (1/8” by 1/8”) is also acceptable. Store stamps, name stamps, arrival dates, initials, etc. have no effect on this grade. Cover and interior pages can have some minor tears and folds and the centerfold may be detached at one staple. The cover may also be loose, but not completely detached. Common bindery and printing defects do not affect grade. Pages and inside covers may be brown but not brittle. Tape should never be used for comic book repair; however, many VG condition comics have minor tape repair.

Good/Very Good (GD/VG) (ONE 3.0): A comic book that has enough positive qualities to keep it better that a GD+, but has enough detracting qualities to keep it from being a VG-. In most cases the comic book has a better appearance than a GD+.

Good (GD) (ONE 1.8-2.5): A copy in this grade has all pages and covers, although There may be small pieces missing inside; the largest piece allowed from front or back cover is a ½” triangle or square ¼” by ¼”. Books in this grade are commonly creased, scuffed, abraded, soiled and may have as much as a 2” spine split, but are still completely readable. Often, paper quality is low but not brittle. Cover reflectivity is low, and in some cases, completely absent. This grade can have a moderate accumulation of defects, but still maintains its basic structural integrity.

Fair/Good (FR/GD) (ONE 1.5): A comic book that has enough positive qualities to keep it better than a FR+, but has enough detracting qualities to keep if from being a GD-. In most cases the comic book has a better appearance than a FR+.

Fair (FR) (ONE 1.0): A copy in this grade is usually soiled, ragged, and possibly unattractive. Creases, tears and/or folds are prevalent. Spine may be split up to 2/3rds its entire length. Staples may be gone. Up to 1/10th of the front cover may be missing. These books are readable, although soiling, staining, tears, markings or chunks missing may moderately interfere with reading the complete story. Some collectors consider this the lowest collectible grade because comic books in lesser condition are usually defaced and/or brittle. Very often paper quality is low and may have slight brittleness around the edges, but not in the central portions of the pages. Comic books in this grade may have a clipped coupon, so long as it is noted along side of the nomenclature, i.e.: “Fair (1.0) Coupon Clipped.” Valued at 50-70% of good.

Overstreet allows for a 1/4 inch triangle off the corner or the edge, NOT a chunk off of the middle of the book foreheadslap.gif

I am looking at the Overstreet Grading Guide. The guidelines in the price guide aren't nearly in-depth enough. Trust me, a small piece off the side of the cover does NOT make a book an automatic 1.0. That doesn't even make sense. screwy.gif

I don't think Butters is talking about 10% of the cover being missing.

I am looking at the Overstreet grading guide. Trust me, a small piece off the side of the cover does NOT make a book an automatic 1.0. That doesn't even make sense. screwy.gif

I copied the exact grading from overstreet. What part of it do you not get? Silvers24 said that the comic had a CHUNK missing on the FRONT COVER near the Goblins face, Not A 1/4 corner piece missing from the corners that would make it a VG

screwy.gif right back at you

I am looking at the Overstreet grading guide. Trust me, a small piece off the side of the cover does NOT make a book an automatic 1.0. That doesn't even make sense. screwy.gif

I copied the exact grading from overstreet. What part of it do you not get? Silvers24 said that the comic had a CHUNK missing on the FRONT COVER near the Goblins face, Not A 1/4 corner piece missing from the corners that would make it a VG

Read his post. He said "small peice missing from the cover close to the goblins face". The Goblin's face is by the edge, so I assume he is talking about an edge chip. Go buy the grading guide. There are numerous examples, with pictures, of books with pieces missing from the edges that aren't 1.0s. Once again, just reading the Overstreet Price Guide guidelines isn't nearly good enough.

Ok, you tell me. I have two books, both of which are otherwise NM with small pieces (using Silver's words) missing. Both missing pieces are the same size. One has the piece out of a corner, one has a piece out of the edge. By your logic, one would be a 4.0 and the other a 1.0. Does that make sense?

Read his post. He said "small peice missing from the cover close to the goblins face". Go buy the grading guide. There are numerous examples, with pictures, of books with pieces missing from the edges that aren't 1.0s. Once again, just reading the Overstreet Price Guide guidelines isn't nearly good enough.

Ok, you tell me. I two books, both of which are NM with small pieces (using Silver's words) missing. Both missing pieces are the same size. One has the piece out of a corner, one has a piece out of the edge. By your logic, one would be a 4.0 and the other a 1.0. Does that make sense?

If you get a copy of Amazing Spiderman 39 you will see that the Goblins face is nowhere near the corners, it smack near the middle of the front cover. (Off more to the right but nowhere near the corners) So if there is a hole going through the middle of the front cover are you telling me that you would grade that a VG, maybe I'm just an undergrader confused-smiley-013.gif

K. The peice that is missing is near the goblins face, is not on his face, the corners ARE OK. It's kind of like someone got something sharp and cut a almost circle out, but it isn't a chunk, nor is it that bad. You can notice it, but it dosen't effect anything IMO, it KIND OF looked like a Diamond, PROBABLY DIME SIZED. Again, the corners are ok, no tears or rips, just this peice missing.

Interior pages IS A OK