• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: ASM #39

55 posts in this topic

K. The peice that is missing is near the goblins face, is not on his face, the corners ARE OK. It's kind of like someone got something sharp and cut a almost circle out, but it isn't a chunk, nor is it that bad. You can notice it, but it dosen't effect anything IMO, it KIND OF looked like a Diamond, PROBABLY DIME SIZED. Again, the corners are ok, no tears or rips, just this peice missing.

Interior pages IS A OK

acclaim.gif

I am looking at the Overstreet grading guide. Trust me, a small piece off the side of the cover does NOT make a book an automatic 1.0. That doesn't even make sense. screwy.gif

I don't think Butters is talking about 10% of the cover being missing.

I copied the exact grading from overstreet. What part of it do you not get? Silvers24 said that the comic had a CHUNK missing on the FRONT COVER near the Goblins face, Not A 1/4 corner piece missing from the corners that would make it a VG

screwy.gif right back at you

Read his post. He said "small peice missing from the cover close to the goblins face". Go buy the grading guide. There are numerous examples, with pictures, of books with pieces missing from the edges that aren't 1.0s. Once again, just reading the Overstreet Price Guide guidelines isn't nearly good enough.

Ok, you tell me. I two books, both of which are NM with small pieces (using Silver's words) missing. Both missing pieces are the same size. One has the piece out of a corner, one has a piece out of the edge. By your logic, one would be a 4.0 and the other a 1.0. Does that make sense?

If you get a copy of Amazing Spiderman 39 you will see that the Goblins face is nowhere near the corners, it smack near the middle of the front cover. So if there is a hole going through the middle of the front cover are you telling me that you would grade that a VG, maybe I'm just an undergrader confused-smiley-013.gif

Here is my copy. His head is nowhere near the middle. What are you talking about? Are you thinking of ASM 40?

asm39.jpg

K. The peice that is missing is near the goblins face, is not on his face, the corners ARE OK. It's kind of like someone got something sharp and cut a almost circle out, but it isn't a chunk, nor is it that bad. You can notice it, but it dosen't effect anything IMO, it KIND OF looked like a Diamond, PROBABLY DIME SIZED. Again, the corners are ok, no tears or rips, just this peice missing.

Interior pages IS A OK

Where is the piece out of? The edge or the middle of the cover?

I am looking at the Overstreet grading guide. Trust me, a small piece off the side of the cover does NOT make a book an automatic 1.0. That doesn't even make sense. screwy.gif

I copied the exact grading from overstreet. What part of it do you not get? Silvers24 said that the comic had a CHUNK missing on the FRONT COVER near the Goblins face, Not A 1/4 corner piece missing from the corners that would make it a VG

Read his post. He said "small peice missing from the cover close to the goblins face". Go buy the grading guide. There are numerous examples, with pictures, of books with pieces missing from the edges that aren't 1.0s. Once again, just reading the Overstreet Price Guide guidelines isn't nearly good enough.

Ok, you tell me. I two books, both of which are NM with small pieces (using Silver's words) missing. Both missing pieces are the same size. One has the piece out of a corner, one has a piece out of the edge. By your logic, one would be a 4.0 and the other a 1.0. Does that make sense?

If you get a copy of Amazing Spiderman 39 you will see that the Goblins face is nowhere near the corners, it smack near the middle of the front cover. So if there is a hole going through the middle of the front cover are you telling me that you would grade that a VG, maybe I'm just an undergrader confused-smiley-013.gif

Here is my copy. His head is nowhere near the middle. What are you talking about? Are you thinking of ASM 40?

asm39.jpg

It certainly isn't anywhere near the corners. Nice copy though...

asm39.jpg

It certainly isn't anywhere near the corners.

I didn't say it was near the corners! Jesus!

It DOESN'T MATTER where the piece is missing from. Just because there is a tiny chunck of the cover missing does not mean it's a 1.0. Buy the grading guide and see for yourself. I can scan the pages if you don't believe me.

asm39.jpg

It certainly isn't anywhere near the corners.

I didn't say it was near the corners! Jesus!

It DOESN'T MATTER where the piece is missing from. Just because there is a tiny chunck of the cover missing does not mean it's a 1.0. Buy the grading guide and see for yourself. I can scan the pages if you don't believe me.

NO, but according to OVERSTREET they allow only 1/4 pieces missing OFF OF THE CORNERS for it to be allowed as a VG, NOT EDGES OR A DIME SIZED HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRONT COVER foreheadslap.gif

I say it looked close to how I deleted it, ok I admit, I remember it being on his face.

That's probably a tape pull, not a piece missing. Can you see through the hole into the interior?

I say it looked close to how I deleted it, ok I admit, I remember it being on his face.

That's probably a tape pull, not a piece missing. Can you see through the hole into the interior?

Yes.

The interior is not effected though. And there is no evidence of tape.

NO, but according to OVERSTREET they allow only 1/4 pieces missing OFF OF THE CORNERS, NOT EDGES OR A DIME SIZED HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRONT COVER foreheadslap.gif

Ok, once again, you CANNOT go by the "rules" given in the price guide. They don't even make sense. To get a real grasp of their standards, you need to buy the grading guide. A missing piece from the cover is just a defect. It isn't an automatic 1.0 any more than a tear makes a book an automatic 6.0. Grading is WAY too complex to base on a few paragraphs at the beginning of a price guide.

Yes.

The interior is not effected though. And there is no evidence of tape.

If his face was cut out of missing (and not just a random piece) you should pass on it.

NO, but according to OVERSTREET they allow only 1/4 pieces missing OFF OF THE CORNERS, NOT EDGES OR A DIME SIZED HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRONT COVER foreheadslap.gif

Ok, once again, you CANNOT go by the "rules" given in the price guide. They don't even make sense. To get a real grasp of their standards, you need to buy the grading guide. A missing piece from the cover is just a defect. It isn't an automatic 1.0 any more than a tear makes a book an automatic 6.0. Grading is WAY too complex to base on a few paragraphs at the beginning of a price guide.

Fine, I have a few comics with holes on the front cover that I would be willing to sell you at 50% of the VG price.....let me know thumbsup2.gif

Fine, I have a few comics with holes on the front cover that I would be willing to sell you at 50% of the VG price.....let me know thumbsup2.gif

What are you not understanding about my posts? I said that a piece missing does not mean the book is an automatic 1.0. That doesn't mean every book you have with a hole in it is a VG.

What are you not understanding about my posts? I said that a piece missing does not mean the book is an automatic 1.0. That doesn't mean every book you have with a hole in it is a VG.

Any comic missing a dime sized chunk in the front cover of the comic NOWHERE NEAR the corners I graded as a Fair copy, NO MATTER how nice it looks otherwise. Like I said before, maybe I undergrade. It would be interesting to know what other members of this forum think about this thread.

"It would be interesting to know what other members of this forum think about this thread."

Same. What sucks is I don't have a picture of this comic.

If I had that it would help this situation out a lot more on what to "really think" about it.

It looked very nice to me, I figured the small peice missing woulden't really effect it to much.