• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swamp Thing 3 cover on CAF

9 posts in this topic

Interestingly, when I looked at the heading for this thread, I immediately envisaged a Bernie Wrightson cover original, and I thought, "Wow, time to be impressed!" cloud9.gif

That's not to imply that the (actual) cover in question is not without interest or merit, but it does prompt a question from me (addressed to any and all members of the forum):

Anyone else get exasperated by a NEW series retaining the title and duplicating the numbering of an OLD series? Christo_pull_hair.gif

Technically, the title of this thread should have been Saga Of The Swamp Thing 3 cover on CAF. poke2.gif

Yes, I did realise that when I looked at the art. However, there are books that retain the title/numbering of earlier series - which this (Saga of the) SWAMP THING cover led me into thinking about . . .

Yeah, it is bad. Like when you mention Swamp Thing are you talking about the Swamp Thing series that started in 1972, 1986, 2000 or 2004? Thank god, DC hasn't done to numbering and titling like Marvel has.

Oh no, please that mention that suckfest of a series!!! And yeah, it has happened at DC(most recently the number on the Superman Series) but for the most part Marvel is the worst offender(yeah, I am bashing Marvel want to make something of it!!!)