• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone notice ........

32 posts in this topic

Philly was a good buying show and a ok/good selling show.

Sunday was a decent day for me.

I would do Philly over Charlotte.

Here's my rant to people complaining about shows.

Write the promoter. Does anybody think Wizard promoters are reading this thread?

As one of the promoters is sitting here next to me,I assure you they are aware of this thread. sumo.gif

Philly was a good buying show and a ok/good selling show.

Sunday was a decent day for me.

I would do Philly over Charlotte.

Here's my rant to people complaining about shows.

Write the promoter. Does anybody think Wizard promoters are reading this thread?

As one of the promoters is sitting here next to me,I assure you they are aware of this thread. sumo.gif

Well, what is their response to the thread then?

Why is it the second year in a row that they have tried to schedule something in almost direct conflict with Heroe's? popcorn.gif

How about the other Wizard Philly threads? There are some informed opinions here. and a few not so informed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wizard is aware of this and other threads.I've been lead to believe their next move is to schedule directly against some of SONOFAPROMOTERMANs shows.They wish to corner the high class Mexican tourist market.

Heroes isn't good for BSD because crazy ed is always there doing his half off sales.
Yeah, but his half off sales is kinda like a Mile High 80% off code word sale though.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

still interesting to watch him work people.

Heroes isn't good for BSD because crazy ed is always there doing his half off sales.
Yeah, but his half off sales is kinda like a Mile High 80% off code word sale though.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He kinda turned me off at last years show. I dont like dealing with people who sell like that. In fact, I probably wont even look at his stuff more than as a walk by due to his sales style. Reminds me of a used car salesman and a sleazy one at that.

Arex

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He kinda turned me off at last years show. I dont like dealing with people who sell like that. In fact, I probably wont even look at his stuff more than as a walk by due to his sales style. Reminds me of a used car salesman and a sleazy one at that.

Arex

Just don't look him in the eye and you'll be safe...otherwise, he'll draw you in and pummel you with offers until you buy something!! frustrated.gif

You should have seen Crazy Ed running over the cones and screaming at the parking lot guy in Philly because he could not park where he wanted. It was one of the funniest things that I saw all weekend and there were many. He's one of those dealers that you pray are far away from you at a show.

Yak. yak, yak. Just price it right the first time. Or is that a foreign concept? confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Arex

Just don't look him in the eye and you'll be safe...otherwise, he'll draw you in and pummel you with offers until you buy something!! frustrated.gif

Gotta admit - it worked on me at Mid-Ohio Con. I bought a few X-men books for a bit more than I should have.

At least I resisted the 9.4 213 he was trying to sell me for $75 insane.gif

Lesson to dealers - I'm an easy mark. I'll be at HeroesCon all weeked.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Arex

Gotta admit - it worked on me at Mid-Ohio Con. I bought a few X-men books for a bit more than I should have.

At least I resisted the 9.4 213 he was trying to sell me for $75 insane.gif

Lesson to dealers - I'm an easy mark. I'll be at HeroesCon all weeked.

The best Crazy Ed story I can recall ( and yes I have a few) is Dragon Con, 2 years ago, when this poor kid got trapped. He pulls out an x-men cgc 8.0 #98 and wants like $90. Going on with the reprint copy, etc, etc, The kid doesn't know what to do. So he goes with the classic "I spent too much $$$ today". This is countered with " I take credit cards." The kid says I've probably exceeded the limit on the card. Countered with. " We'll try it at $90, if it doesn't work we'll try it at $80, etc" I had to leave, it was definitely "used car salesmanship"