• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Little Show Of My Humble Collection

130 posts in this topic

Where are my manners,

Once again courtesy of King Greggy one of my favorite Tec covers

detec425.jpg

Should have charged you more! tonofbricks.gif

now this next forumite always seems to have an endless supply of HG slabbed books, how does he do it hail.gif

Many thanks to Rocketeer for this beauty

hfh1.jpg

Another fellow forumite that I have met and picked this one up in person,

Thanks to DNAgent for this Wrightson beauty

hom213.jpg

...more tomorrow

hi.gif

Like I said, Peds are addictive so I can thank

MrHighgrade for this beauty

spidey86.jpg

The first Marvels I bought off the rack were Amazing Spider-Man #53 and Tales to Astonish #96 back in 1967. I was too young to understand these Marvels. At age 9, I had no idea what, "Nuff Said" meant. I went back to reading my Classics Illustrated and the Dell adaptations of current TV shows.

I eventually saw the light and started collect Marvels in 1970 and the first book I bought from the local bus depot was Amazing Spider-Man #86. I can still remember the large wooden magazine shelves that filled the right wall of the long narrow bus depot. This was a depot/restaurant that resembled the malt shop layout of the 1950s. It may seem strange to say, but there was a friendly smell to the fresh newsprint of the comics and magazines.

Your copy looks wonderful. Thanks for triggering the memories.

While I met alot of great forumites in Philly, this next book comes from a another great person, Matt Nelson. Love or hate him, he is a gentleman to talk to.

And there is no way anyone can hate this book, even DC fans poke2.gif

From restoman comes one of my top 10 favorite

ss4.jpg

Nice Book, but I hear P.T. Barnum was quite the gentleman to talk to as well. devil.gif

...jumping Jeezus!!,...I can't believe you got that already,... blush.gif

now this next forumite always seems to have an endless supply of HG slabbed books, how does he do it hail.gif

hfh1.jpg

smile.gif

The following book is the one that started it all as far as Pedigree books go, my very first Ped purchase on this stunner,

courtesy of Sfilosa

spidey65.jpg

This next stunner was bought from a true gentleman of the boards, the photoshop king of the boards, who hand delivered this beauty,

thanks to Redhook

av49.jpg

hfh1.jpg

That is one bad mamma jamma. I pity the fool who is not impressed by this one.

blush.gif Sorry about that. Sweet book!!!!!!

Scott

Like I said before, I love the villians, another one of my favorite covers,

thanks goes to Namisgr for this one

ff116.jpg

Now its always great news when you hear about OO collections coming out, and I have seen alot of beautiful books posted by the next forum member. So I knew I had to have one, and this cover stuck out for me.

Thanks to Burntboy for this SA beauty

aq5.jpg

You can never own enough copies of a great book, this next one was bought Raw from another great forumite who graded it as a NM,

no disappointment here,

thanks to Jimm94 for another sweet Cap copy

cap106.jpg

While I own the surrounding issues of this next one, I finnally got the copy I wanted for this next beauty

thanks to QualityComixs

asm101.jpg

Alrighty then,

The next one was bought from another great forumite I had the pleasure od ealing with via the boards,

courtesy of Bigfiver69

Nikos,

My pleasure - you have also been a pleasure to deal with, and when I have bought books from you, your grading has been perfect. Thanks for the kind comments - you're a king on these boards.

As an old boss used to say to me 'The good that you do comes back to you!'

Shep

Alrighty then,

The next one was bought from another great forumite I had the pleasure od ealing with via the boards,

courtesy of Bigfiver69

Nikos,

My pleasure - you have also been a pleasure to deal with, and when I have bought books from you, your grading has been perfect. Thanks for the kind comments - you're a king on these boards.

As an old boss used to say to me 'The good that you do comes back to you!'

Shep

I second these sentiments. Nik's a great guy and one the best assets to the hobby.