• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Silver Age Collection!

43 posts in this topic

Just acquired an original owner Silver Age collection consisting of Amazing Spider-Man 11-150, plus 238, 298-300, Fantastic Four 1-150, X-Men 1-143 and a few other goodies. I'd love to see them find good homes from people here, with a couple of caveats:

1) These books are not high grade. They're, for the most part, solid mid-grade books through the 60s, with 70s and forward starting to be in better shape. There are a lot of books that look like this:

werewolfbynight032.jpg

but there are also a lot of books that look like this:

fear010.jpg

or this:

swampthing021.jpg

2) There are a couple of books missing that everybody would ask about - Amazing 119-122 and 129, FF 112, and some others). Argh mad.gif

3) The biggest of big books (FF 1, FF 3, FF 4, X-Men 1, X-Men 2, Amazing 14, Hulk 1, X-Men 94, GS X-Men 1 and a few more that I'm forgetting) are going to Charlotte at the Cards, Comics and Collectibles booth. They are priced very reasonably for Marvel keys in low- to mid-grade. The FF 1, for example, is a solid Fair/Good and is for $700.

4) The owner wanted to find as many "first appearances" as he could find, so looked for all sorts of things. There are also MANY 50s Dells and 50s and 60s Archies that he bought second hand in Illinois in the 70s and 80s.

5) Happy to provide scans and prices upon request for specific issues, just let me know what you're looking for.

6) BTW, this points out why it is important that your wife/significant other understand what you're doing. Mrs. Donut found this collection. 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

BTW, this points out why it is important that your wife/significant other understand what you're doing. Mrs. Donut found this collection.

I hear that. My wife will actually sit and dig through long boxes with me at shops, flea markets, garage sales, etc... She knows exactly what to look for and an uncanny ability to sweet talk people into deals I could never get on my own.

6) BTW, this points out why it is important that your wife/significant other understand what you're doing. Mrs. Donut found this collection.

Ahah! The infamous "Mrs Donut" Pedigree collection!! Congrats and buy her a scotch...er, whiskey from me! thumbsup2.gif

BTW, this points out why it is important that your wife/significant other understand what you're doing. Mrs. Donut found this collection.

I hear that. My wife will actually sit and dig through long boxes with me at shops, flea markets, garage sales, etc... She knows exactly what to look for and an uncanny ability to sweet talk people into deals I could never get on my own.

Wow, I'm jealous!! My girlfriend appreciates the hobby and tolerates my conspicuous spending on it so I'm not doing that badly.

The future Mrs G is in training... and if she keeps wearing low-cut tops, I should get some really good deals as well! insane.gif She comes everywhere with me. Below is a pic of us at the past ECCC in Seattle. She's been on many buying trips and is starting to get an eye for the goods.

th_000_0088.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sounds like you got a nice haul there FD 893applaud-thumb.gif

John thumbsup2.gif