• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Debate on general dealer buying ads in this board.

84 posts in this topic

By initiating a blanket statement, in the OSPG vein of, always buying immediate cash paid and then qualifying with caveats - I really feel this move runs contrary to the spirit of this section of the CGC boards.

Agreed.

All this is a 100% true and blue "Dealer" stating that he will pay more for books in the thread resigned to forum members.

This belongs in the dealer thread or I'll post the same thread appealing to the collectors who are "giving" away their books.

Like that really matters where it goes. If I offer to buy any book on here does it matter if I resell it, or burn it, or put it in my collection?

Take it for what it is worth. If you want to dump some stuff to me great, if not great. There isn't a rule against posting a WTB in the WTB thread because that is exactly what I did. I stated I want to buy.

I certainly am not lying or anything. I am always buying and the WTB thread is always running. I totally understand what everyone is saying I just didn't think it would of been taken as some shady advert.

Foolkiller and Bob,

I never said I will pay more across the board as I really detest people who say that because we all know that really isn't true. I said that "A LOT OF TIMES: I would have paid more. Don't paint my statement with such a broad stroke.

My statement is basically if your going to give it away on here then check with me because I will most likely pay you more than you would get on here. I never said I pay 50% of guide you just eluded to that fact.

Take for instance Nikos's thread where he sold a lot of early FF's. Each and every one of them I would of paid him appx 10-30% more. Now, I don't think any of them were priced at half guide but they were early books that I really needed.

If someone says has a key that guides for $500 I would probably pay roughly $400. How that is 50% of guide I don't know. If someone has say a nice stack of high grade bronze age stuff, I will probably pay 60-70% of guide. It all depends on what someone has and what needs I have.

Umm, I think Nikos listed a lot of early FFs but only sold a few. In fact, in the last week or so, Beyonder offered up his copy of #9 he bought from that lot for the same price he paid. I don't know if they're still around, but those books didn't get scarfed up en masse on the boards.

All this is a 100% true and blue "Dealer" stating that he will pay more for books in the thread resigned to forum members.

This belongs in the dealer thread or I'll post the same thread appealing to the collectors who are "giving" away their books.

I said that sometimes I will pay more for the books that are listed in the forum.

What is it with some of you? I get slammed for posting in the other thread, so I post a WTB thread in the WTB forum and all the sudden it is wrong again because I am dealer?

Doesn't really matter who I am. Should I have had someone else post it for me and just worked as the man behind the curtain?

I think everyone here knows what Russ meant. Why the attacks? Why pick what he says apart? It seems clear to me that he was just a little frustrated that he was missing threads where he would have paid a bit more than the asking price. confused-smiley-013.gif

I do agree that this thread should probably be in the dealer's section though.

I said that sometimes I will pay more for the books that are listed in the forum.

What is it with some of you? I get slammed for posting in the other thread, so I post a WTB thread in the WTB forum and all the sudden it is wrong again because I am dealer?

Doesn't really matter who I am. Should I have had someone else post it for me and just worked as the man behind the curtain?

Agreed, how many of us are really dealers without storefronts...come on, there isn't a person on this board who purchases a comic on this board and then flips it sometime later 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It seems clear to me that he was just a little frustrated that he was missing threads where he would have paid a bit more than the asking price.

I have seen quite a few books go for less than I would have paid but since I was not the first one there, it was my loss. The seller sets the price and then makes the call to lower the price if it does not sell. Shouldn't it be first come, first serve?

I do agree that this thread should probably be in the dealer's section though.

frustrated.giffrustrated.gif I can't win.

tongue.gifpoke2.gif

It's just a matter of opinion, and not a big deal to me (though others feel differently). I just consider you a dealer more than a collector. confused-smiley-013.gif

More for fun than anything. Here is what it says on the Forum area.

"A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction"

Board Member: check

Want to buy post: check

Now, if your selling to me then it is you selling to me. Not you selling to me through a site or ebay or a dealer. So I really don't see the problem.

Now, if I posted this and say sell your books to this dealer over here, and then I will buy them then I get it.

More for fun than anything. Here is what it says on the Forum area.

"A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction"

Board Member: check

Want to buy post: check

Now, if your selling to me then it is you selling to me. Not you selling to me through a site or ebay or a dealer. So I really don't see the problem.

Now, if I posted this and say sell your books to this dealer over here, and then I will buy them then I get it.

I dont really see where the problem is.... All your saying is if you anyone has any comics that you are thinking about selling check with you first.No big deal.Your not holding a gun to anyones head.Everyone has the right to sell to whoever they want to. Now some people might be upset because your a dealer but thats their problem.(everyone has the right to make money so what if your a comic dealer?) makepoint.gif

I feel Russ's pain. There have been a handful of books that are on my want list which sold to other forumites for prices that were below what I was willing to offer. It's frustrating to see 4 weeks of unimpressive "WTS"'s followed by 1 late evening of prime books at great prices only to be snatched up within 30 mins of first post. I swear that some of the members on this board just hit refresh every 15seconds in order to constantly buy out all the good books that they do.

At this point in time I assume the same 8 board members will continually beat me to all the best deals and if I'm lucky, I can buy their scraps off the table for full guide.

Feel free to pick apart this post but it’s just one man letting off a little steam from being a tad frustrated on missed opportunities.

I feel Russ's pain. There have been a handful of books that are on my want list which sold to other forumites for prices that were below what I was willing to offer. It's frustrating to see 4 weeks of unimpressive "WTS"'s followed by 1 late evening of prime books at great prices only to be snatched up within 30 mins of first post. I swear that some of the members on this board just hit refresh every 15seconds in order to constantly buy out all the good books that they do.

At this point in time I assume the same 8 board members will continually beat me to all the best deals and if I'm lucky, I can buy their scraps off the table for full guide.

Feel free to pick apart this post but it’s just one man letting off a little steam from being a tad frustrated on missed opportunities.

Hits Refresh, Hits Refresh, Hits Refresh, Hits Refresh ,Hits Refresh, Damn!! still no one selling Ec's at cheap prices.... frustrated.gif

I swear that some of the members on this board just hit refresh every 15seconds in order to constantly buy out all the good books that they do.

Quiet, Whet! You'll give away all my buying secrets! makepoint.gif

So you are basically paying 1/2 guide just like every other dealer?

Not really. I don't pay half guide for say Captain Marvels from Marvel or Sub-Mariners. I also don't pay half guide for higher grade ASMS I pay closer to 80%.

If you pay half guide for everything then I have a boatload of Submarinersand Little Lulu's, Aquaman, Hawkmans etc, to sell you. smile.gif

Is there a difference between Sub-Mariners and Submariners?

• Administrator

Just a moderation note.

The original intention was for all WTB posts to go here. There wasn't a restriction on who was buying them, although there is always a restriction on spam / neurotic thread bumping, etc.. If we need to re-define that we could based on community feedback, board traffic, etc. - but as of now all WTB posts are valid in this forum.

The reason I defined forum selling and WTB posts as part of this board is that those two types of posts were getting lost amid the ebay / dealer sales, and those are also the two types of posts most unique to the forum rather than just being a re-list of ebay for example.