• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21000+ Feedback.... NARU...

19 posts in this topic

Was going through my old feedback, and was surprised to see how many people I have dealt with that aren't on ebay anymore...

It's not a surprise to me that half my negs are from NARU people... funny how that works out...

And it's not a huge surprise that some of the people I dealt with a couple years ago aren't members any longer...

But this one surprised me:

Feedback For ctctct

User had a 21568 feedback, with well over 30,000 total positives and 99.8% positive overall... and NARU...

To get to 21000 feedback, you have to make an awfully serious commitment to eBay... and it wasn't like they suddenly went bad... their last full page of feedback is all positive, and they only have 15 negs in their last 4300... So it looks like they voluntarily left eBay, after probably somewhere around 200,000 auctions...

I mean, they're no "parrothead88"... but geez... 21000 feedback... just gone...

Don't want to sound morbid or anything but there could be any number of reasons why they don't trade anymore:

Death

Sold the business

Moved overseas

etc etc etc

Certainly is a waste though.

The funny thing is, when feedback is that high I hesitate. Usually with that kind of feedback, service can be bad.

I mean, they're no "parrothead88"...

I love parrothead88! Fantastic service even with all the business he and his wife do. Amazing.

The first time I ordered from him, I was so impressed, I wrote him an email saying that he was my "seller idol" (I was somewhat new to selling and was looking for role models). He wrote back such a nice note. My note meant a lot to him, even with all the business he does. I've been recommending him to people looking for shipping supplies ever since, and have ordered my fair share, too.

confused.gifconfused.gifOkay am I missing something how can someone with that much feedback including over the 1891 negs and still maintaining a 99.0% feedback rating not be a powerseller 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused.gifconfused.gifOkay am I missing something how can someone with that much feedback including over the 1891 negs and still maintaining a 99.0% feedback rating not be a powerseller 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You can elect not to have the powerseller icon show next to your name, yet still be a powerseller. Or they may have decided not to join the powerseller program for whatever reasons they have. In truth, unless they display the logo, there's no way for someone to tell.

They sure are impressive! And I just had to bid on a couple of CD's...

You can elect not to have the powerseller icon show next to your name, yet still be a powerseller. Or they may have decided not to join the powerseller program for whatever reasons they have. In truth, unless they display the logo, there's no way for someone to tell.

They sure are impressive! And I just had to bid on a couple of CD's...

Well to elect not to be a powerseller or not to have the icon shown is insane.gif. I mean its one of the only few things you get free, okay somewhat free, from eBay once you sell enough stuff for them that is.

I totally agree listing and selling 600 items a night is extremely impressive how they manage it with a two person crew is interesting. I am sure they have others helping. I can handle a 600 auction weekend by myself anything more I go 893frustrated.gifinsane.gif and take two months vacation cloud9.gif.

hulk3.gif

Big Angry Hulk ready to bounce.. love this pic in Ricky's Auctions grin.gif

Okay, hang on -- I redrew my Hulk smiley. Is this better?

hulk.gif-thumb_140_105.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif much better

I love the "drunken cross-dressing" Joanna pic...

But why didn't you tell us you're a coinee? mad.gif

Just kidding... tongue.gif

I stared at your "help me identify" pics for 10 minutes and everybody started to look like Chrissie Hynde to me... so I gave up... The "Heart?" pic looks a lot like the Indigo Girls though...

I love the "drunken cross-dressing" Joanna pic...

But why didn't you tell us you're a coinee? mad.gif

Just kidding... tongue.gif

I stared at your "help me identify" pics for 10 minutes and everybody started to look like Chrissie Hynde to me... so I gave up... The "Heart?" pic looks a lot like the Indigo Girls though...

D'oh! 'House has been looking at my web page!

The "drunken cross-dressing Joanna" was from a production of Guys and Dolls. I auditioned to be a Doll, but got cast as a drunken Guy because I was the only person in school who could walk on her ankles (I'm double jointed. Chew on that info for awhile, Darth).

As for the coins, I was trying to find someone in the coinee threads who'd trade their comic coupons for my coin coupons. The coin scans were the proof that I had nothing worth slabbing.

I've given up on those photos. I don't know who they are. But were the Indigo girls around in '81-'83? All photos are from that time period or before. I just found a box of photos that I'd missed (the "comedy & misc." box) so I've been busy posting Marx Bros., Abbott & Costello, 3 Stooges, Lucille Ball, Laurel & Hardy, Little Rascals, etc. Some great pics. I love them thar 8x10 glossies.

I just sold an unsharpened pencil on ebay for $19.95.

-- Joanna