• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

NICE score, P5!!! That book is definitely a must-have in my books. Great FINE cover!

Golden age comics really are addicting. It's scary. crazy.gif

It really is scary ... is there a Golden Age Betty Ford Clinic around anywhere? I may need to check in ...

NICE score, P5!!! That book is definitely a must-have in my books. Great FINE cover!

It really is scary ... is there a Golden Age Betty Ford Clinic around anywhere? I may need to check in ...

I run an intervention clinic in my basement. When you check in, be sure to bring the objects of your addiction ... tongue.gif

I wonder how many people have gone to rehab for collectibles addiction. Serious question. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wonder how many people have gone to rehab for collectibles addiction. Serious question. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There was a British University study done a number of years back that found that mold spore in old paper is hallucinogenic. It was done in with libraries in mind but obviously old comics can and have been exposed to mold. The bigger your collection, the greater the possibility. More books = greater trips = desire for more books!

There was a British University study done a number of years back that found that mold spore in old paper is hallucinogenic. It was done in with libraries in mind but obviously old comics can and have been exposed to mold. The bigger your collection, the greater the possibility. More books = greater trips = desire for more books!

I knew there was a scientific explanation for it!

I run an intervention clinic in my basement. When you check in, be sure to bring the objects of your addiction ... tongue.gif

I gotta get quicker on the draw! You beat me to it Scrooge. grin.gif

That's a heckuva start. And the Mysterymen 4 looks like a great buy at under good guide. Congrats on two great books!

That's a heckuva start. And the Mysterymen 4 looks like a great buy at under good guide. Congrats on two great books!

Thanks! I think I lucked out on a few decent deals to start with. I expect to pay a lot more from here on out. frown.gif

Uh oh, october is afflicted with 3F ("Fox Fine Fever")...you're on a roll, pal!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

I have it bad. This is worse than when I started collecting LB Cole covers. blush.gif

STEVE

steve, looks like i've contracted it as well; going after the first 12 mystery men now, since mrbedrock put me on to my second one the other day.

STEVE

steve, looks like i've contracted it as well; going after the first 12 mystery men now, since mrbedrock put me on to my second one the other day.

Ahhh, congrat's Billy - I thought it was a real beauty and was sorely tempted to get it myself (but then I'd be back in the Greedy SOB thread with two pedigree copies of the same book, and we can't have that!).

STEVE