• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,191 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2024 at 9:14 PM, mwotka said:

Well did anyone get one?  Seems like around $14K is the entry price for a Church Wonderworld.  Seems high for some of the lesser covers I don't even really like that much. But then some pretty good ones, $20K for the 4, and $32K for the 30.  Yowza.

Probably people who already have a bunch Fox Church, Larsons, and other freakishly high grade anomalies. I guess we'll never know.  Yabba Dabba Doo

On 6/29/2024 at 10:18 PM, Professor K said:

Probably people who already have a bunch Fox Church, Larsons, and other freakishly high grade anomalies. I guess we'll never know.  Yabba Dabba Doo

Being a WWII cover helped the #30, I'm sure, but those prices all seemed very strong. I wonder if they all went to the same buyer; maybe somebody is trying to re-build the Mile High run at any cost!

On 6/28/2024 at 10:13 AM, RedGiant said:

I think we were all hoping nobody would notice if they didn’t say anything😃

On 6/29/2024 at 6:31 PM, RedGiant said:

My plan of not talking about it, definitely did not work.  Was interested in that 30, but sheesh.  Congrats to winner.

Most definitely NOT as there must have been a lot of extended bidding taking place since they virtually all did at least a triple or quadruple from when I was looking at them the night before they close, with the Wonderworld 30 doing more a quintuple.  :whatthe:  :applause:  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

On 6/29/2024 at 9:31 PM, RedGiant said:

My plan of not talking about it, definitely did not work.  Was interested in that 30, but sheesh.  Congrats to winner.

Fascinating little collection. I think because they have no distinctive markings many could be 'lost', or one majority stake holder remaining anonymous 🤔 

They turn up so rarely to market 

Edited by sagii

On 6/30/2024 at 5:10 AM, Straw-Man said:

it was fun to watch.   of course the mile high's were sumpin', but it was the allentown 2 i was transfixed by.

Maybe it's just me, but due to their relative rarity with only 135 extant copies relative to the thousands of Church books out there, I would tend to prefer adding an Allentown to my personal collection as opposed to a Edgar Church if I had to choose between the two although you really can't go wrong either way.  :luhv:  :takeit: