• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Showcase 24

7 posts in this topic

one of the very few DC's from the late 50's that somehow escaped my clutches....

the FC is very nice and i would tend to agree with a 9.0 based on it alone, but the visible spine stresses on the BC along with the tiny stain on the BC bottom edge, will likely pull this down to a 7.5 - 8.0............

i was looking at my Atom #2 the other day (before saying so long to it), which CGC graded a 9.0 and it has far fewer defects overall................

having said all this, this book would look fine in any collection...... thumbsup2.gif..... thumbsup2.gif

(except Tim's of course.............)

screwy.gif

I'm having a really hard time agreeing with a 9.0 on this.

I'm seeing a 7.0-7.5

All of the edges have some wear. The amount of NCB spine creases alone would being this below a 9.0

A little dirty also.

Plus, I'm not sure what that is going on at the bottom of the back image. I can't tell if it's an impact crease, a stain, or some sort of moisture damage. If this is a 9.0 then I'm seriously undergrading a lot of books!